Can't wait to get 2 of these

Cameron203

Ok I have 2 computers. Both are black and have 2 open 5 1/4 inch drive bays.
What I want is an LCD screen that measures CPU usage, CPU temp, voltage, etc. That will work with windows XP. I have only USB ports on the one computer but do have a serial to USB connector.(BY the way what options do I have to connect this to my pc just serial?) And the LCD screen can't take up more than 2 drive bays. I would also like the information to be displayed with a numeric value not a bar graph.

Please also let me know will I receive the software to run this machine with XP with my purchase?

Thanks very much
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

CF Tech

Administrator
Your best bet is to download Motherboard Monitor and CrystalControl. Install them and use Crystal Control's "Sim LCD" to show the result on your monitor to make sure it does everything you want.

Once you are sure the software does what you would like, then just order the appropriate LCD.

For a limited time, you can get the USB for the same price as serial. Just order by this link:

http://www.crystalfontz.com/products/cart.html?CFA634TMCKS=2,DBK634LGB=2,CLEAR=1

and put "Please make this unit USB." in the Special Instructions of the final checkout page.

The USB will have a "Captive A" cable instead of the WR232Y02 and WR232Y09 + WR232Y10.

CURTISBEEF

Wow i didnt see the USB Advertized anywhere thats really cool How long will you be offering this
Does everything get powered off the USB port (LCD, led backlight....)

Cameron203

Ok great everything works. My only other question I don't see like scroll buttons on the LCD itself How can I toggle through the different things???

CF Tech

Administrator
CURTISBEEF:

We are behind on the web work, but have the USBs in--so we decided to just do them at the same cost until we can get them on the web all nice and proper like.

Everyfhing gets powered off the USB. Quite slick.

Cameron203:

CrystalControl is just set to pause a certain amount of time for each screen. The interface to the LCD is one-way, so there is no way for the LCD to transmit information like button presses back to the PC.

Cameron203

say I have a screen labeled cpu temps can I set the length of time it stays there until it goes to the next screen?

And in turn Can I set it to stay on a certain screen for an unlimited length of time?

And by the way everything works fine just one problem i am pulling 3 temps and I don't know how to tell the difference between the 3 i.e. which one is the cpu temp case temp etc. Will the mobo manual tell me this only thing that discerns the 3 are one is diode 1, diode 2 , diode 3 etc. Thanks again

Last edited:

CF Tech

Administrator
I think so. That is getting into the operation of CrystalControl which is not my area of expertise (well, I don't have an area of expertise, but if I did, that wouldn't be it), so you will get a better anwser in that forum.

Cameron203

So How would I find this info out call the 800 number???

Well How does it display info right now does it toggle itself through or do you have to do it manually. Basically how do you get from one screen to the next???

Last edited:

CF Tech

Administrator
No particular reason. I guess just a "display" (which is output only as opposed to output and input for an LCD with keys) mindset in the early development of the 634 & 632.

Cameron203

So the only function really of the 633 keypad is just to toggle and thats it??

Do you think you will be making a keypad for the 634 in the near future?

CF Mark

Administrator
CrystalControl does do everything youve asked about.

At the moment, there is no software around that im aware of that supports the 633's keypad :(

The 633 keypad can have lots of uses though, but that depends on the software controlling the LCD on the PC.

CURTISBEEF

CF Tech said:
CURTISBEEF:

We are behind on the web work, but have the USBs in--so we decided to just do them at the same cost until we can get them on the web all nice and proper like.

Everyfhing gets powered off the USB. Quite slick.

Cameron203:

CrystalControl is just set to pause a certain amount of time for each screen. The interface to the LCD is one-way, so there is no way for the LCD to transmit information like button presses back to the PC.
Do you have to Buy the kit to get the USB because in the next few hours im going to buy the Blue 634 and i just want the LCD not the mounting or the wires..

So if i order just this http://www.crystalfontz.com/products/634/index.html#CFA634TMCKS
can i just add "Please make this unit USB." to the comment box and thats it

Thanx

CF Tech

Administrator
You would need the WRUSBY03 cable, for $5. So put:

"Please make this USB, I authorize $5 additional for the WRUSBY03 cable"

Then you will be good to go :)

Cameron203

Hey I downloaded the Software and ran the sim lcd and everything works good. But how do for instance get the time to show in big numbers ??? And I also Can't get the character map figured out.

Last edited: