Can a 634 USB be connected via serial port?

mprost

Hi.

I'm interested in buying a 634 USB but I've seen conflicting information about its capabilities to be connected via serial port. In certain reviews its said it can be done, and in this forum there are posts saying it can't (as well as some others saying it can).

So, can a 634 USB be connected via serial port?

Another question, do you have any local distributor here in Spain?

Thanks.
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

mprost

OK, I've been searching this forum a little more and I've seen several posts by user "CF Tech" clearly saying that the serial port is disabled in the USB models. So I think this puts an end to my wondering.

I think it would be better if you clearly state in the product's description that, despite the presence of the serial connector, it can't be used. I took for granted that the serial connection was possible just because the connector was there (and so does other people: http://www.3dxtreme.net/index.php?id=crystalfontz63420x4usb1)

Cheers,

mprost

CF Tech

Administrator
Sorry for not answering your post more quickly.

You are correct, the USB cannot be easily converted back to a serial.

mprost

Thank you for your support, I've just placed an order for a USB model, I'll have to buy a USB hub for my HTPC but... this HTPC won't be here forever!

Cheers,

mprost

ethan

You are correct, the USB cannot be easily converted back to a serial.
And what about the uneasy solution?
I accidently ripped off the USB PCB (don't ask how :-/ ) and I'd be glad to use my 634 on serial port. I'm not afraid of soldering :)

Regards