Buttons & Display

web_maven

I am new to this and I did look through the forum but did not see my question.

Is it possible to press a key on the Keyboard and display a message on the LCD screen? I am looking to by the 634 USB. If you can do this could you explain how.

Thank you;
Raymond
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

CF Tech

Administrator
The CFA-634 does not have a keypad, so I'm assuming that you mean that pressing a certain key on the PC would send a certain message to the LCD. Is this correct?

If so, I think it might be possible to configure CC2 in this manner.

web_maven

Yes; I was talking about a Keyboard. I am using a gamepad that I have mapped keyboard command too.

Is CC2 available?

One other question, I was trying out other software and I was able to get a Hot key to respond and go to a screen. The problem I ran into was after the screen timed-out it went to the next screen which I did not want it to do. I would like a command that would let me decide what screen to show next e.g. back to main screen. Is this in CC2?

Thanks
Raymond

CF Mark

Administrator
Is CC2 available?
Yes it is.
You can find it here:
https://forum.crystalfontz.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4403

One other question, I was trying out other software and I was able to get a Hot key to respond and go to a screen. The problem I ran into was after the screen timed-out it went to the next screen which I did not want it to do. I would like a command that would let me decide what screen to show next e.g. back to main screen. Is this in CC2?
Yes, this can be done.
CrystalControl2 does have a keyboard plugin which can be used to switch between screens.