Bummed that it doesn't work on NT4.0

gs-amat

I just found out about Crystalfontz and Crystal Control.
When I saw that it ran on NT I installed it, but it does't run.
All of the PCs in my company, including lab and machine controllers, run Win NT 4.0. This would be big here if you could compile a version for 4.0. Is that possible? I am ready to beta test.
When I install and or launch - I get an exception code pop up - then the image of an LCD display, which stays on top until I minimize it, and an icon in the Task bar, but nothing else.

WinTest runs perfectly.

Thanks,
GS at AMAT
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

nichols

I might go out on a limb here.. I'm using W2k.. I had similar problems.. A restart helped me, then I had to put the baud rate to 19k..

In the readme it says

** 2. Main Features
- Full support for Crystalfontz serial and parallel LCD displays
- Extremly configurable information screens
- Supports multiple LCD displays at the same time
- Variable information update rates
- Save & Load screen configurations
- Supports Windows 95/98/ME, NT4/2000/XP.

NT4 is there..

gs-amat

Thanks - you're right, it does say NT 4. I had browsed through all the messages - and saw one that sounded like he didn't support it. Maybe he added it since then.
I already rebooted the system, and also stopped and started the program, with no luck.
My display (a 632) only goes up to 9600 baud - so I'm not sure what you mean about selecting 19.2K.
Also, the CC program doesn't open up - just pops up a box that says: External exception C0FB007E. Then after the OK button, it leaves a picture of a 634v2.0 19.2Kb display staring at me. The mouse pointer goes to the hour glass - and all I can do is minimize or kill it. There is never any menu to select display type or baud rate.

Anybody else know what's wrong?

CF Mark

Administrator
I was guessing when i said it would support NT4.
Looks like i was wrong :(

What problems does it have?

gs-amat

I have NT 4.0 build 1381, SP6.
The problem is that the CC program doesn't complete starting up - just pops up a box that says: External exception C0FB007E. Then after the OK button, it leaves a picture of a 634v2.0 19.2Kb display staring at me. The mouse pointer goes to the hour glass - and all I can do is minimize or kill it.

I tried both the web site release version, and the latest beta version, with same result.

Thanks, GS

CF Mark

Administrator
Ok, try adding "/debug" (without the quotes) to the end of the crystalcontrol.exe command line.

CrystalControl will then create c:\cc.log which might help with working out where its going wrong.