Blue 634 ?

Stoffie

Hmm, I have a 634 LCD backlit, and I seen this picture over at LCDmax today where the dude modded his CF with blue leds...

Can't find anywhere how he did it though, or a guide or something ?

Any ideas ?
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

CF Mark

Administrator
Looks nice.

The blue color that has though, doesnt look like the shade of blue created by leds (unless he mixed them with white).

He might of used EL sheet to make that blue instead of replacing the 70 LEDs, which would explain its color.

Last edited:

Stoffie

For starters, what is an EL sheet ? Where can I get it ? How is it done ?

I love my CF but the color is not lining up with the rest of my gear. I guess I could change the polarizing filter, would that void my warranty ?

CF Mark

Administrator
For starters, what is an EL sheet ? Where can I get it ? How is it done ?
EL = electro luminescent
its just like a thin bit of plastic that glows when you pout about 300V AC through it.

I love my CF but the color is not lining up with the rest of my gear. I guess I could change the polarizing filter, would that void my warranty ? [/B]
It would void your warranty.

Pele

Yeah I was after a blue one cos it would look well cool in my case as it sort of a blue green thing. In fact, if they brought out a blue 634 I would probably buy 1 of those as well, HINT HINT.

Cheers

Pele

Sodium100

hi all

to bring some "light" into this :)

the mod was done using a blue el sheet and a appropriate inverter for the needed high voltage.

only recommended for the experienced........

dont damage your display !