Bezel/trip for 634 or 632

JamesF

Hi all,

I'm planning on mounting a 634 (or possibly a 632) in the side of an aluminum PC case. It's difficult to cut perfect holes with a Dremel, and I was wondering if either of these units come with a bezel or trip piece for fitting into a hole. Perhaps something that slips in from the front and overlaps the case just a bit to hide imperfections in the cutting.

Please let me know if I haven't explained this well.

Thanks!

James
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

CF Tech

Administrator
I suppose we could sell you just the plastic overlay from one of the brackets. You could cut the outside dimensions to your liking and then stick it in place. I am not sure that a hand cut edge on the overlay would look nice enough--maybe wiith some careful sanding?

JamesF

Bezel/trim piece

That sounds like an interesting idea. I've got plenty of tools that might make this process easier than cutting a perfect rectangle in the aluminum. Can you point me to a picture of the part you're talking about?

Thanks,

James

USB LCD Displays - Graphic and Character LCDs with a Keypad

JamesF

Ah ha!

I like the 634 unit the best, but the overlay is white and rather large. I'm thinking I could make the black overlay of the 632 work well, as I'd only have to trim the sides a bit and leave the height alone...

?

James