Bad Lcd??

Ferrari355

What's Wrong with this Lcd display? It was find about a year ago now half the display is going away!! It's a Toshiba cordless phone.
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

Attachments

DBPowerWCRulez

Hello Ferrari,

Your phone seem too much usages or interfernces with other electronics such as high powered radios, CB, station towers and tvs. Probably your phone fell off the cradle onto the hard floor.

CF Tech

Administrator
You have columns dropping out.

If it is a "zebra" type display (rubber strips contact the glas under some kind of frame) you may be able to disassemble it, clean them then re-assemble it.

I would be prepared to lose the display entirely (and maybe the phone) though before attempting it.

If it is a heat-seal style display (flat ribbon attached to the glass)then you are probably out of luck.

Ferrari355

crystalfontz said:
You have columns dropping out.

If it is a "zebra" type display (rubber strips contact the glas under some kind of frame) you may be able to disassemble it, clean them then re-assemble it.

I would be prepared to lose the display entirely (and maybe the phone) though before attempting it.

If it is a heat-seal style display (flat ribbon attached to the glass)then you are probably out of luck.
I can guess 100% it's the "Zebra" display type... I know with those rubber strips once you take them off thats it... What causes this to happen? I never seen this happen before..