Any special inst before reboot

smspewee

I installed usb 634 on sons computer - works great so far. However, it worked great initially on my comp also - until I rebooted.
do i have to do the eeprom thingy?
boot time screen?

I will leave his computer on till I hear from one of you technical guru's.

Has anyone had problems with 634 usb after XP SP2?
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

CF Mark

Administrator
What is the problem?
You said "util you rebooted", but you didnt describe what happened after you did.

smspewee

ooops. went blank and had to uninstall lcd and drivers and reinstall everything to work until reboot. however, i think i plugged in lcd to usb on mb before i did drivers. works on my sons computer now though. it is awesome. i'll wait till i reformat my hd before i try on my computer again. thanks for responding so quickly. i was up all night last night. it sure is fun

reider

Having installed SP2 direct over the top of XP Pro on my computer with the LCD in. This is working perfectly with no problems, I have streamed SP2 to my XP installation disc and installed it on another machine also with no problems. Unfortunately this second machine does not have an LCD panel, but apparently less problems are found when SP2 is streamed.

Glad you`ve found the crux of the problem now, I decided to still post this response so that people know SP2 can coexist with these panels. Especially since lots of people are finding SP2 very problematic at the moment.

Steve

smspewee

HOW DO YOU STREAM IT TO YOUR INSTALLATION DISK? YOU CAN ACTUALLY BURN SP1 AND SP2 TO YOUR INSTALLATION DISK? THAT WOULD BE AWESOME WHEN I REFORMAT.

reider

smspewee said:
HOW DO YOU STREAM IT TO YOUR INSTALLATION DISK? YOU CAN ACTUALLY BURN SP1 AND SP2 TO YOUR INSTALLATION DISK? THAT WOULD BE AWESOME WHEN I REFORMAT.
A tad off topic but whilst waiting for CC2 I`ll tempt the wrath of the admin. The following link will describe an easy to use utility to autostream SP2. Includes SP1 in SP2 and burns to a normal CD with OS. You must download SP2 in readyness (a further link on the site will take you to MS to download it), the articles in the link will describe the process, rather than taking up space here.

Please don`t post any more details here re this subject, all should be on the site.

http://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=188337

Steve

Last edited: