any new oled colors coming?

glmclell

I've been drooling over the 2x20 oled lately, looking for a fast display thats also bright, but not a power hog like vfd :)

but yellow-green or green turns my stomach. any chance of red, blue or white in the near future?

sorry, i can't buy 1000 of 'em, but maybe sales would be greater for you, offering a blue oled display - seeing that blue is the current craze.
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

Last edited:

Dexter

glmclell said:
I've been dreuling over the 2x20 oled lately, looking for a fast display thats also bright, but not a power hog like vfd :)

but yellow-green or green turns my stomach. any chance of red, blue or white in the near future?

sorry, i can't buy 1000 of 'em, but maybe sales would be greater for you, offering a blue oled display - seeing that blue is the current craze.
I asked CF about a week ago, because i am looking for a blue or an orange 16x2 OLED display. The response was that there are no current plans for other color options.

:(

glmclell

maybe colors other than green / yellow-green are very difficult to produce right now?

I found a lot of "cell phone" sized oled screens that come in blue, but such a tiny screen isn't really in the scope of my application.

then there are OLED pda screens, which do 65k colors, but they're out of my budget.

Dexter

glmclell said:
maybe colors other than green / yellow-green are very difficult to produce right now?

I found a lot of "cell phone" sized oled screens that come in blue, but such a tiny screen isn't really in the scope of my application.

then there are OLED pda screens, which do 65k colors, but they're out of my budget.
I've seen sites that say they can produce them, but not really for the consumer market; more for OEM applications and orders in the thousands.

This might be a reason also: http://www.eio.com/public/lcd/0266.html

Last edited:

glmclell

3 days ... interesting :)

There are several brands of car stereo on the market that use OLED/PLED displays, a friend of mine has one by Pioneer ... his display is several years old and still looks like the day we installed it.