Animated Graphics Screens

Bada Bing

I like the MB temp screen, was wondering if it would be possible to do an Abit moving logo on it, but I think it would be cool with the text drawing going from top to bottom, instead of left to right. Is it possible or too much of a pain?

I tried to sub the: opt10="filename=C:\\gifs\\asus_logo_ani.gif" with opt10+"filename=C:\\gifs\\abit_logo.gif" but it didnt work =[

I was able to change the MB name to IC7-Max 3 so I was happy about that lol...

Also was wondering if a possible Memory temp screen with the Corsair logo was possible

Last edited:

jc634

Administrator
Bada Bing said:
I like the MB temp screen, was wondering if it would be possible to do an Abit moving logo on it, but I think it would be cool with the text drawing going from top to bottom, instead of left to right. Is it possible or too much of a pain?

I'm kinda busy tonight, be a little bit later, should be no problem...

Bada Bing said:
I tried to sub the: opt10="filename=C:\\gifs\\asus_logo_ani.gif" with opt10+"filename=C:\\gifs\\abit_logo.gif" but it didnt work =[

You need to change another option to go from from an animation to fixed gif, for example:

[from00]
from="cc2_showgif.ini"
sec="gif-#"
opt01="idRow1=@01"
opt02="idRow2=@02"
opt03="xOffset=0"
opt04="yOffset=0"
opt05="width=24"
opt06="height=16"
opt07="start=1"
opt08="end=7"
opt09="delay=150"
opt10="filename=F:\\gifs\\temp-ani.gif"

should be

[from00]
from="cc2_showgif.ini"
sec="gif-#"
opt01="idRow1=@01"
opt02="idRow2=@02"
opt03="xOffset=0"
opt04="yOffset=0"
opt05="width=24"
opt06="height=16"
opt07="start=1"
opt08="end=1"
opt09="delay=150"
opt10="filename=F:\\gifs\\temp.gif"

Change the "end=x" to "end=1"

QUOTE]Originally posted by Bada Bing
Also was wondering if a possible Memory temp screen with the Corsair logo was possible

[/QUOTE]

I am not aware of a MB sensor for memory. :confused: Please explain further what you want.

Jim

Bada Bing

I was mistaken on the Mem Temp, I was thinking with 32+ temp sensors on the MB there had to be one...

You rock!!! the MB screen looks good, I tried to go in and tweak the abit symbol, but I found out very quickly the reason you made it small =].

Thank you Very much, I'm going to try and play with some more screens since I got some free time...

jc634

Administrator
Bada Bing said:
You rock!!! the MB screen looks good, I tried to go in and tweak the abit symbol, but I found out very quickly the reason you made it small =].

Yea, the available options are:

48 pixels wide x 8 pixels high (1 row x 8 chars) or 24 pixels
wide by 16 pixels high (2 rows x 4 chars), 18 pixels wide x 24 pixels high (3 rows x 2 chars) or 12 pixels wide x 32 pixels high (4 rows x 2 chars) maximum.

*Most* of the, I use the 24 x 16 variation. You lose a lot of detail when going from 150 x 100 (for example) to the 24 x 16. That is why some look fine and others... well, you know.

Most of the time, I began with an actual logo and started shrinking, I created the thermometer and fan gifs from scratch. Quite simple graphics, but easy to interpret,

Jim

BlindBat

Can't believe no one as aked this already, so I will.

Ever heard of AMD (lol...teasing..), how about theirs, and OCZ would be nice also.

jc634

Administrator
BlindBat said:
Can't believe no one as aked this already, so I will.

Ever heard of AMD (lol...teasing..), how about theirs, and OCZ would be nice also.
I have a couple of non-anmiated versions of the AMD logo uploaded in a different thread. How do want it "animated"?

I tried to convert an OCZ logo. If I remember correctly, the detail was to fine to display very well. I can't remember if I saved it or not.

Jim

BlindBat

jc634 said:
I have a couple of non-anmiated versions of the AMD logo uploaded in a different thread. How do want it "animated"?

I tried to convert an OCZ logo. If I remember correctly, the detail was to fine to display very well. I can't remember if I saved it or not.

Jim
Ummm how do I want it animated, honestly I do not want to make you work for nothing, I would have to pounder about this and furthermore get my skills up a little more and understand how animation displays on an LCD.

First thing that comes to mind is having each letter starting with A, come forward towards u. (From not there to getting bigger and bigger...) once done the next letter, then the next. And not to complicate things I would have OCZ do the same.

Just a thought.

n0saj

asphalt said:
Thanks for the reply, I created the directory c:\gifs and placed the gif file in it and the [E01] still is displayed. I also checked the cc2service directory and both the cc2_showgif.dll and cc2_showgif.ini are there. If I want to change the directory , do I edit it with two forward slashes instead of one for each dir? example c:\\cc2\\screens\\gifs\\giffile.gif
I think you need to remove the screen from the display list in the configuration panel, re-add it and restart. I was changing gif paths and editing screen files and finding that none of the mods were applied till I did this. It appears cc2 distributes the information in your screen definition to other ini files which the service reads when you add the screen to the display . If you just change the file the whole config becomes inconsistent.

You may already be doing this but it tricked me so its bound to trick others.

daks001

BlindBat said:
I would have to pounder about this and furthermore get my skills up a little more and understand how animation displays on an LCD.
Actually it's easy to make the animations.

:D

Here is a link that goes into great detail on making a gif animation
Gif Animation Intructions

They go into great detail, but the gifs that you will need to make for the CC2 screens are just 32 wide by 16 pixels high. I can't remember what / if there were any limits to the number of frames you could have but I haven't hit the limit yet. You can used a larger size Gif file but you will only be able to display 32 x 16 at the most at a time (8 custom characters on the screen, you could do other combinations in theory like 16x 32, 24x16 etc.) You just need 2 colours for CC2 to interpret it. I use a black background

From JC's "American Flag Animation.2004" screen file for example, you could modify it easily once you know the tricks...

[pre]
rows=4
cols=20

[from00]
from="cc2_showgif.ini"
sec="gif-#"
opt01="idRow1=@01" <<Specifies top and bottom row id #'s
opt02="idRow2=@02"
opt03="xOffset=16" << since the gif was wider than we needed and the first 16 pixels were dead we "moved over 16 pixels in the file from the left"
opt04="yOffset=0" << here you could "move down" however many pixels you wanted.
opt05="width=24" <-width of the area you want displayed in pixels
opt06="height=16" <-Height
opt07="start=1" <<starting "frame" to start reading at in the gif
opt08="end=10" <<ending "frame" to start reading at in the gif (if you don't want to display the whole animation)
opt09="delay=100" <<delay in milliseconds between frames, the lower the number the faster the gif will play.
opt10="filename=C:\\gifs\\16amfl01.gif" <<<<<---- you can change the path to the gif file here, allways use two \ 's because CC2 uses a single backslash for something else.

The rest of the file deals with were and it is displayed on the screen... Here it looks like he has 5 copies of the same gif file displayed on the screen in different spots...

[screen]
screen_name="American Flag Animation"
options=0
alt_delay=5000

[r00]
options=0

[r00-i00]
options=0
length=4
id=@01

[r00-i01]
options=1
length=8
id=@01

[r00-i02]
options=1
length=8
id=@01

[r01]
options=0

[r01-i00]
options=0
length=4
id=@02

[r01-i01]
options=1
length=8
id=@02

[r01-i02]
options=1
length=8
id=@02

[r02]
options=0

[r02-i00]
options=1
length=8
id=@01

[r02-i01]
options=5
length=8
id=@01

[r03]
options=0

[r03-i00]
options=1
length=8
id=@02

[r03-i01]
options=1
length=8
id=@02

Once you edit and save the screenfile, just remember that you must reload it into CC2 and restart CC2 for it to take effect.

Carefull, once you start makeing your own custom screens it gets addicting! Grin