About controllers in LCDs

Acce

Hello,

few questions about following LCDs:
CFAF128160C-T with HX8345
CFAF240320E-T with ILI9325
CFAF176220M-T with OTM2201A

First, in the product info it says they only have parallel interface, but in the controller datasheet it is said in features list that they support serial interface too, which should I believe? I want serial interface.

And second, CFAF176220M-T's product info says it has OTM2201A controller, but in the sample picture it says "ST7773 IC included", which one is right?
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

Hi,
in the product info it says they only have parallel interface, but in the controller datasheet it is said in features list that they support serial interface too, which should I believe?
You should believe the product info. Just because a controller chip has certain features does not mean that CFA has chosen to make all of them available on their displays.
CFAF176220M-T's product info says it has OTM2201A controller, but in the sample picture it says "ST7773 IC included", which one is right?
If you look at this product info page,
http://www.crystalfontz.com/product/CFAF176220M-T.html,
and click the "files" tab, and scroll down to the section labeled "Part Change Notices", you will see that the ST7773 has been replaced with the OTM2201A. Evidently, the sample photo of the screen was taken with an early version of that product.