A little suggestion

PsYch0tIc

Couldn't you make the red inverted colored lcd's available in serial versions to implement in a pc, i'm still doubting between a few brands of lcd's, but i'm very sure, that if this was available i'd bought one immediatly, it just looks cooler (in blue would even be better :p ). Just a little suggestion offcourse.
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

mrzilla69

Well know I'm REALLY confused on what to purchase. I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY want to get either the RED or Negative RED LCD but I'm not sure if I want to fool w/ all that piggyback stuff. If there was one in a Serial form I'd bought 3 of them buy now. No more grinning CF, whats it gonna be. PLEASE TELL US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:confused:

Ferrari355

Yeah I know what you mean the parellell lcd's are nice but I know you can buy those serial backbacks but still it's not that eazy and I want to use it right away. Allthought I would get the 4 line one but it's a little too much $$ for me so I will stick with the 2 line backlighted Serial display.

mrzilla69 said:
Well know I'm REALLY confused on what to purchase. I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY want to get either the RED or Negative RED LCD but I'm not sure if I want to fool w/ all that piggyback stuff. If there was one in a Serial form I'd bought 3 of them buy now. No more grinning CF, whats it gonna be. PLEASE TELL US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:confused:

i_h8clowns

dude...crystalfontz...come on man... i'm just dying to get a neg transmissive red LCD. it'll look totally trick in the case i'm building. i've been waiting for months to see a serial version came out. please give us a hint. don't worry...they WILL sell!

can't...hold back....much...longer....:D\

peace!

Ferrari355

Yeah! What he said! I don't care if it cost $100 or $50 I would like to see a negtiave serial display.....

i_h8clowns said:
dude...crystalfontz...come on man... i'm just dying to get a neg transmissive red LCD. it'll look totally trick in the case i'm building. i've been waiting for months to see a serial version came out. please give us a hint. don't worry...they WILL sell!

can't...hold back....much...longer....:D\

peace!

CF Tech

Administrator
For now the best bet is to get a backpack:

http//www.wirz.com/products/0128/index.html
http//www.hvwtech.com/econo-lcd.htm
http//www.seetron.com/bpk000_1.htm

Any of them should work with our CFAH* series modules.

Ferrari355

I think crystalfontz is beeing cheap here.....They think that if they make a netivage serial display people wont buy it because of the high cost...And so they teach them to tell us to buy a serial backpack...And if we screw up the display..Crystalfontz tells you it's your problem...And your left to buy a new display... Just make one and see what I mean.

mrzilla69

Seriak Backpacks

OK, so no serial versions out yet .. thats cool. Now are you saying that the Serial Backpacks that you've listed work with ANY LCD that has an Hitachi HD44780 microcontroller chip OR just with Crystalfontz LCD's. The reasone I ask is 'cause I'm gonna get the red 4x20 LCD but my friend might get another type and we were gonna order the same packbacks from the same site, that way we can go in on it together and place one order:confused:

CF Tech

Administrator
In general, the CFAH* series displays should work with the backpacks.

Please refer to the backpack's web sites for the capabilities of the backpacks.

Please compare the pinouts of the displays and the pinouts of the backpacks and any other specifications.

We just sell the displays.

Ferrari355: These displays are sensitive electronic components. They are essentially as sensitive as bare IC's. They are intended to be used by product manufacturers in the building of electronic devices under controlled production environments. Would you buy a 512MB DIMM, hand solder it into a prototype robot, then expect the manufacturer to replace it if it did not work?

The displays that go out to engineers at companies rarely have any technical support issues at all, the data sheet pretty much covers everything. Those same engineers are generally very familiar with prototyping electronic circuits and typically do not make as many "blue smoke" mistakes as beginners. Not to say that they did not at one time. Personally I think the best engineers are the ones that start with a love of electronics long before any formal schooling.

Since I was (and am) an electronics hobbyist long before I was an engineer, I worked hard to make these displays easily available not only to development engineers of large companies, but also to small companies and hobbyists. But making them available does not make them immune to damage. Each of these displays is factory tested, and we have yet to see a single bad CFAH* series display come from the factory.

Keep in mind that they are not that expensive, and that mistakes may occur. Some people pick up an ultra cheap display from bgmicro or eio to use while testing their setup, then carefully connect the nice display.

flm150

Colors

I'd Like to see the 20 X 4 serial display in a lot of diffrent colors. I'd Allso like to see vacuim fluroscents and negative backlights in serail packages. If i could I'd Denfitly buy one if they made em. ;)