A few questions about CFAH2004A-TMI-JP display?

dionis

1) Can I connect to that display a temp. sensor like to the 633, directly or do a little wiring?

2) will it fit in a 5.25" drive bay with drives both on top and below? if not then in two floppy drive bays?

3) is there a way to wire a button to it so when i press the the button it will display different things (only two modes is enough, like a toggle button. i.e. if i display temp. of stuff in one mode, when i press the button it will display fan speeds and vice versa)?

4) Is there an installatoin guide for that particular diplay?

5) Why are the dispalys that connect to the serial port better than the ones that connect to the parallel display (I think that they are better cause they cost more)?

By the way you have really great and helpful forum. :)
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

CF Support

Administrator
We do not recommend the parallel modules (such as the one you are interested in) for end-user PC applications. These modules require more extensive wiring knowledge and the proper tools. These modules are primarily intended for OEM (manufacturer) use, and as such, we do not carry any cables, brackets, or serial adapters for these modules.

We do not offer end-user tech support on the CFAH*, CFAG* or CFAP* series modules in PC applications. We will not accept returns on CFAH*, CFAG* or CFAP* modules damaged in an attempt to connect them to a PC.

The serial/USB modules and kits (634, 633, 632 models and kits: http://www.crystalfontz.com/products/select_kit.html) are best suited for PC applications.

Please see this forum thread for our PCuser LCD recommendations:
https://forum.crystalfontz.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=1922

That said:

1. Not without a microcontroller and the firmware to do so.

2. I doubt it would fit well into either enclosure without some serious modding of your case... highly unlikely for the 5.25" bay, and lots of dremel work for the 3.5" bay area.

3. Not without a microcontroller and the firmware to do so.

4. Nope, it is meant to be designed into a product by an engineer or the like.

5. Simplicity of installation, loads of software support, ready-made drive bay brackets, and depending on the LCD you choose, temperature monitoring, fan speed control, etc...

I'm glad you feel that our forum is a good place to get information and help. :D