635 vs 633

ewolff

Let me see if I got this right.

16x2 customizable screens with CC1

20x4 only works with CC2 and can't customize screens.

Is this right? I like the 635 more, but I need to be able to see MBM info (temps, voltages) on the LCD.

Should I get a 635 and hope custom screens will be available within a few months, or should I get a 633 when I really want a 635?
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

CF Mark

Administrator
You are close...

633:
16x2
built in "SCAB" (fan control & temp monitoring)
works with CC1 and CC2

635:
20x4
four bi-color LEDs (red & green)
"SCAB" is separate
works with CC2 (not CC1)

Im still deciding on if i will support MBM in CrystalControl2 fully.
MBM is now well outdated (over 1yr since last release), and other software has replaced it.
SpeedFan which is similar to MBM will be fully supported.

jc634

Administrator
ewolff said:

16x2 customizable screens with CC1
And with CC2

ewolff said:

20x4 only works with CC2 and can't customize screens.
Correct, but there are many screens for it.

ewolff said:

Should I get a 635 and hope custom screens will be available within a few months, or should I get a 633 when I really want a 635?
There have been a ton of screens written for CC2. For MBM, go to here

A library of screens is located here

The 635 is a great display. You would not be disappointed with it.

Jim

ewolff

I bought the 635. This will be my second display. The first was a serial 632.

And not that my opinion will be the deciding factor, but I prefer motherboard monitor over Speedfan, because I can monitor CPU, Chipset, PWM and the GPU temps via a mbm plugin. Speedfan does not do gpu temps or voltages for my motherboard.

jc634

Administrator
ewolff said:
I bought the 635. This will be my second display. The first was a serial 632.

And not that my opinion will be the deciding factor, but I prefer motherboard monitor over Speedfan, because I can monitor CPU, Chipset, PWM and the GPU temps via a mbm plugin. Speedfan does not do gpu temps or voltages for my motherboard.
I had the same concern about GPU temps. I finally decided to use Speedfan for MB parameters, and RivaTuner for GPU parameters.

If CC admin gets ATITool working with CC2, I would use that.

Jim

CF Mark

Administrator
jc634 said:
If CC admin gets ATITool working with CC2, I would use that.
This is on my to-do list, especially since now i have a ATI card i can test it with.
But we all know how long my to-do list is :eek:

jc634

Administrator
CrystalControl Admin said:
This is on my to-do list, especially since now i have a ATI card i can test it with.
But we all know how long my to-do list is :eek:
No rush. What I have running now works quite well for my purpose. And since I don't OC my video card, ATITool is not a big loss.;)

Jim