635+SCAB as ATX control no backlight after reboot

Guinness

Hi there,

i have three 635 with a SCAB attached. I want to use them for 19" 1U computers to show IP-Adress, Bitrate, temperatures etc.

I have connected the SCAB with the ATX-cable (WRPWRY14) to the motherboard.

I have set the GPIO pins to ATX Power functionallity using command 28.

Then i have configured my boot up screen with the 635 Wintest programm from your homepage.

In the next step i configured the atx functions no. 1, 2 and 4 (Reset, Power on and LCD off when host off) using command 28 as well.

Now everything is fine. I can boot up the machine, reset it and the display turns off when the host is off.

My problem is when i turn on the machine with the check button of the display it starts and the boot up screen from the 635 display comes up but the backlight is off. When i configured it as boot up state it was set to 100%.

Why doesn't it come up with the backlight at 100%, the rest is working fine?!

Thanks for your help...

Ralf
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

CF Tech

Administrator
Do you have a floppy drive power cable connected to the SCAB?

Function 4 makes the display look "dead" until the SCAB sees power on the floppy cable.

Guinness

Yes i have a floppy power cable attached to SCAB-Board.

I have also opened JP8 and closed JP9 as mentioned in the technical documentation V1.1 for the SCAB...

Edit1:

I just have taken a volmeter and checked the voltage on GPIO1.
When the system is off --> 0V
When the system is on --> 5V

I have used the commands "34" to set GPIO1 as ATX Sense
GPIO2 as ATX Power
GPIO3 as ATX Reset

Is there anything else i have to do?

Last edited:

CF Support

Administrator
JP2 on the CFA-635 must be open as well.

Note that all of the connections must be present at the time of the boot-state setting (+5v, +5v standby, USB) and the module set up as you would like it to boot when you send command 28 and then command 4 or you will see the behavior as you have stated.