634 USB and serial plug

darkies

I would like to know if the serial female plug can be manually removed from the board, as it seem to add extra thickness and seems unnecessary with the USB board. I also want to know how thick the entire board is without that plug, since I am hoping it will trim an extra mm or two so I have slight more room to work with.
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

CF Tech

Administrator
The DB-9 can be removed. It is not a particularly easy operation, but can be done.

If you have not purchased your display yet, we could do it for you to make sure there is not any damage.

There is not a huge thickness savings though, perhaps only 1mm or 2mm, I do not have one to measure handy.

darkies

Thanks for the prompt reply, I have not made my purchase yet but I will do that. How should I go about purchasing this with it pre-removed? Do I write that down as a special instruction?

CF Tech

Administrator
Ya just put:

"Please remove DB9 connector (the module will be used in an embedded application that needs to be thin). I authorize and additional $2 charge for this modification."

In the special instructions.

If you do not need the backlight, the non-backlit module is a bit thinner.