634 Screw size

Trikster

What size screws go into the corners of the board on a 634 display? I found some references on this forum to:

4-40 x 1/4" (#4 size, 40 threads per inch)

But I want to make sure before I go looking for them. Also, where can I find them? Thanks in advance.
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

CF Tech

Administrator
For the corner of the display, you would want a 2-56 size screw, available at Radio-Shack last time I checked, or also at a hobby shop that sells R/C models.

(the 4-40 is for mounting the bracket to the PC)

Trikster

Thank you for the quick reply. I will mention for posterity that I found the 2-56 screws at OSH, although the longest I could find was 3/4 inch. Radio Shack said they didn't sell screws anymore and haven't for a few years.

the 2-56 screw doesn't actually screw into the board. Is it supposed to? Luckily I got some nuts that I can use instead.

CF Tech

Administrator
The screws are meant to pass through the PCB, not thread into it.

I am glad you found the screws.

Helpful sales people aside, I still maintain that RadioShack sells both the screws and nuts ;)

By the way, what is "OSH"?

USB LCD Displays - Graphic and Character LCDs with a Keypad

Trikster

I think the "helpful" individual at Radio Shack was more interested in trying to sell me a cell phone. I should've just looked myself:)

OSH is "Orchard Supply Hardware". I thought it was a nationwide chain but maybe it's just a california thing? At any rate they have a large selection of bolts and screws so I figured it was probably my best bet.

Thank you for all your help.