634 20x4 LCD USB questions

Uroboros

Just picked up a used 634 20x4 LCD USB which came with black face plate. Just wondering how difficult it would be if I wanted to replace the face plate/bracket at a future date. I assume it would just be a matter of taking this out apart and replacing it with a new one; or are these things permanent once put together?

I came across some post regarding screws for the mounting bracket. These posts didn't refer specifically to my model; but can I assume it's the same size screws?

4-40 x 1/4" (#4 size, 40 threads per inch, 1/4 inch long

Finally is the USB connector end that plugs into the LCD specific to this device? I ask because I'd love to have a one of those USB cables that are clear over the silver wire wrap. With a side window, the beige cable is rather bland. :)

(I have a USB2 card where the inter USB connectors are the default kind. So I can plug the cable there as opposed to routing to an external connector)
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

CF Tech

Administrator
If you need a replacement overlay, you can write support@crystalfontz.com and they can arrange to send you one.

You are correct on the screws. If you can find a hobby shop that deals with R/C airplanes or cars they should have some. Radio Shack may be able to help out.

The connector on the dispaly end of the USB cable is not a USB standard. You would have to do some splicing to get the braid cable.

USB LCD Displays - Graphic and Character LCDs with a Keypad