633 USB Question

9mmCensor

I have a new CF 633 USB and playing with it using CC2. Its pretty damn sweet.

I have a few questions.

1) How do I make custom screens?

2) Is there a way to use the buttons? I want to have a few different screens (CPU, Uptime, Winamp...) and then use the buttons to switch between them. Is that possible.

3) I have in mounted in a Antec case with the purple drive rails. How did people get it mounted so it sits flush with the other drives? Mine sits 1cm behind the others.
No biggie, but if I could fix it it would be nice.

Thanks,
9mmCensor
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

daks001

9mmCensor said:
I have a new CF 633 USB and playing with it using CC2. Its pretty damn sweet.

I have a few questions.

1) How do I make custom screens?

2) Is there a way to use the buttons? I want to have a few different screens (CPU, Uptime, Winamp...) and then use the buttons to switch between them. Is that possible.

3) I have in mounted in a Antec case with the purple drive rails. How did people get it mounted so it sits flush with the other drives? Mine sits 1cm behind the others.
No biggie, but if I could fix it it would be nice.

Thanks,
9mmCensor
1) This thread has a sample screen that has comments and some explanations that may get you started, then in your CC2 directory you should see \CrystalControl2\cc2-service\plugin_info in there is some more peices of the puzzel. We can help you with it if you have any questions...

2) Yes, but if you want to configure them yourself it is allot more complicated at the moment because the GUI setup is not done yet.

3) Not sure what the drive bay mounting on that one is, can you post a link to a picture?

jc634

Administrator
I assume that these drive rails have the little posts that go in the mounting holes? If so, there is not much you can. It does seem strange that they don't line up since the LCD module should use the same offset as CD drives.

I have a Thermaltake case with similar rails. I have a 634 and new soon-to-be-announced LCD module installed. In my system, they do mount flush. My only complaint might be that since this case, and I assume yours, requires the use of these rails, the mounting of the LCD is a little bit loose since it only mounts on the front posts of the rails.

Jim