633 Service Shared Memory

Heffo

Hi,

I know the 633 Service monitor uses shared memory to communitcate to the service itself, I was wondering if more than one program at a time could in theory communicate with the service, and what is the layout of the shared memory.

I am only realy interested in reading the stats out of the unit, like temps, fan speeds, etc so I can log them into a MySQL database.

Robert Heffernan
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

CF Mark

Administrator
Since you mention MySQL, i guess your talking about the linux version.

The Linux version does not have any way to communicate with other applications and it was only written into the windows version so it could communicate with CrystalControl.

The sats file that the 633-service creates should give you all the info you need.
Its in a neat format so it shouldnt be too difficult to get individual data from it.

Heffo

Actually, I mean logging the stats from my windows box, to the MySQL server on my linux box (across the lan) using the Win32 MySQL API

CF Mark

Administrator
Ahh, i see.

If the current windows 633-service doesnt create the 633-stats file (i cant remeber if the V1.02 did or not), a new version that ill release within the next few days will.
As i said above, youll be able to get information from that file.