632 Screen with CrystalFontz Control Software

RealDummy

Can someone help me please? I cant seem to get any software to work with my lcd screen...
I have a serial port 632 lcd with Backlight, I can run WinTest ok and that works with the scrolling text and all the other modes work ok too... however i cant seem to adjust the backlight contrast its really dim and i cant get it brighter, anyway the main thing is though that i cant get any other software to work with the screen, have tried all third party software listed on the site non of them work, have also tried the CrystalFontz Control software but with that all i get is jibberish on the screen or a black screen... even when you press test in the configuration page...

Does anyone know what could be wrong please? or is there any other software that might work please???
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

Last edited:

RealDummy

Hello, pleaseeeeeeeeeee can someone help, the screen doesnt seem to work at all with any software other than the WinTest program :(

Kevin

With the other 3rd paryt software, there is a DLL file you have to open up and fix the settings. You HAVE to do that or it just wont work. I forgot the name of the DLL file though. Just double click it and open it in notepad , set you settings and then save it.

CF Mark

Administrator
I gather you are setting all the baud rates and com port settings up properly?

If your are, and wintest works, CrystalControl will also work.

RealDummy

Im not too sure what might be wrong... all the settings are exactly the same as on WinTest but it just doesnt work... ive tried it under XP and under Me but still the same thing happens, also I cant seem to adjust the brightness of the backlight it always stays the same and is very dull...

Ive been having a lot of problems with this display, i just really want it to work... :mad:

CF Mark

Administrator
This is very odd.

CrystalControl and WinTest basically use the same coms code to comunicate with serial LCDs, so really if one works, the other should.

So your saying that the dim backlight happens with WinTest? Or just CrystalControl?

RealDummy

I know thats why I find it really strange... because both programs settings are identical but one works and the other just gives jibberish... the backlight is extremely dim as soon as the pc is switched on, adjusting WinTest doesnt make any difference at all and it doesnt change, just stays at the same brightness :rolleyes:

CF Tech

Administrator
Can't find any thing on either of those e-mails. Did you get the ticket notice? If so please post in there with your real name or invoice number.