632 Boot Screen

science607

I have been attempting to set up a boot screen for the 632 using Wintest. I am able to display what I would like saved, issue the save command and set it to display it at boot. (\009\006\009\003). However, when I remove power from the LCD or issue a load eeprom (\009\006) I get a slightly garbled version of the boot screen that I had configured. Some characters appear right, others do not. I have allowed ample time (> 800mS) for the write to eeprom to occur.
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

lavenberg

Garbled Boot Screen Characters (632)

Hi, I'm using the latest version of the Boot Screen setter program, and when I type in the message I want for the boot screen, everything shows up fine. So I click 'Save to EEPROM', and everything still looks OK. Then I click 'Test (Soft Reboot)', and when my 632 comes back up, a number of the characters are garbled (eg all the t's are replaced with a different character). This happens exactly the same way everytime I try it.

What can I do?

Thanks,
Jake

CF Tech

Administrator
There might be a bad EEPROM chip on the module. Please write support(at)crystalfontz(dot)com (edit to '@' & '.') and we will open a ticket.

USB LCD Displays - Graphic and Character LCDs with a Keypad