632 16x2 Serial LCD Question

Ferrari355

Yeah but will it do alot of scrolling? on the 632 display? I don't want it to do alot of scrolling...how I want it is to show my uptime.. system temp under each other...So I guess i'm better off with the 634 display...

Last edited:
USB LCD Displays - Graphic and Character LCDs with a Keypad

Ferrari355

Yeah the 20x4 display is nice...Which means I need a bigger case in order to have it fit the 2 drive bay's it's going to take up...But thats not a problem I'm getting a newer case anyway..

Allthough Pcmods.com has a Lcd Display with a CrystalFontz 632 Display in it but it does not need to be in your computer..Here is the link

http://www.pcmods.com/details.asp?ProdID=181

Trust me it's a CrystalFontz display one of the people that reviewd it opened it up. But it's kinda pricey..and I would like it to be in the case..

Last edited:

Ferrari355

specialk said:
That's WAY too much money to spend for a 2 line LCD. You can get a 4x20 backlit from www.bgmicro.com for $10 and a serial backpack from www.wirz.com for $20 and you would have saved $45!

-special [k]
But did you see how it connects to the computer..It's the same way CF does their's but they disabled the Serial port to use the Phone Cord data cable...So you can move 7ft. from the computer with the display.... Also the Serial "Backpacks" I don't really understand them that much do they have a serial port on the back of them or not? And if I where to get a parellel Lcd How would I be able to print stuff out besides buying a Usb printer? I still have my mind set on that 634 Serial display because more programs support the Serial display..