scullinan

This new unit the 631, is there any way to install it via the serial since some MB's we are working with do not have an extra internal connection? Also since there is no way to force load 2 instances of CC software will there be this option in CC 2? Or will we be able to load CC 1 and CC2 at the same time when using 2 of your LCD's on one rig?
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

CF Support

Administrator
As it sits currently, there is no way to convert the module to use a serial connection.

As far as the CC1 and multiple LCD question, I run 2 633's in my box, and have 4 634's running at the office, so I don't see any conflict in multiple instances of a particular model of our LCDs running in the same box, being talked to by the same software... have you encountered a difficulty in doing so?

scullinan

Well if there is no way to convert it to serial can it be run off a normal usb port instead of a header on the MB? What I want is to run a 631 and a 632 or 634 at the same time. Using only one instance of CC would I have a problem with both switching to winamp mode at the same time? Or could I leave one in winamp while keeping the system settings active in the other? All of this is moot if I cannot use something other than the usb connections on the MB to run the 631.

slipperyskip

In my Humidor CL project I connect the 631 with a USB cable plugged into a "normal" port. I recycled a USB cable from a 632.

I also intend to run a 631 and a 634 in the same box using Winamp as part of the software package. It should be fun.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

CF Support

Administrator
On my 633's, I've had all sorts of convoluted screen combinations, and have yet to have a problem with CrystalControl, so would say that you have nothing to worry about with the contents of the screens conflicting or causing problems.