4x20 usb w/ button?

elzool

Hi,

I'm getting closer to locating the solution I need, I'm just hoping I can get some help in finding it.

I will need two 4x20 displays showing the same data connected and powered via usb to the motherboard of the computer. One display will be less than 4 foot from the computer, the other will be 30 foot from it.

There that was easy.

What I'd like is to have a button connected on each of these displays that can call on the backlight to be turned on.

As you already have the CFA-631 and CFA-633 set up for buttons, I'm wondering who I would talk to about modifying your CFA-634-XE with a button that I can call through a java application to turn on the backlight.

Any thoughts?

elz
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

CF Tech

Administrator
It is not easy to add anything to the CFA-634 XE. The encapsulation makes modifications next to impossible.

If you put a normal CFA-634 in a case, you could route a simple on-off switch inline with the backlight power.

elzool

Hi,

Thanks for the information on the xe... I was just hoping to use that as it already had a great case. How hard would it be to route a simple on-off switch inline with the backlight power?

At that point I'd want to enclose it and I'm wondering if you have any suggestions as to what to use?

Thanks,
elz

CF Tech

Administrator
>How hard would it be to route a simple
>on-off switch inline with the backlight
>power?

Lift two SMT resistors, solder one end of the switch to the lifted ends, and the other end to the pads that they were connected to.

>At that point I'd want to enclose it and
>I'm wondering if you have any
>suggestions as to what to use?

Not off hand. Just have to look around for a project box or case. I think there have been some posts in this forum about it, maybe search some here.

jc634

Administrator
elzool said:
Hi,

Thanks for the information on the xe... I was just hoping to use that as it already had a great case. How hard would it be to route a simple on-off switch inline with the backlight power?

At that point I'd want to enclose it and I'm wondering if you have any suggestions as to what to use?

Thanks,
elz
On Ebay, search for SCSI enclosures. You can usually find full height external enclosures for real cheap. I used to have a 634 mounted in one and it looked very nice. I painted it silver with a "hammered" effect.

If you are interested, I think I still have it around that I sell for basically shipping costs. It has been gutted (no PS, etc).

Let me know if are interested.

Jim