3.5" drive bay LCD solution ?

PanamaKID

Hi, does anyone know of an LCD panel that can be fitted to a 3.5" drive bay (at worst two 3.5" drive bays (in height)) ?

I have two spare bays and would prefer to put the LCD panel there than on a 5.25" bay.

I basically want to display CPU TMP / CPU fan RPM / Case TMP / Case RPM's / Up time / NIC activity ?

Any ideas or suggestions guys ?
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

M

MWP

A small 2x16 (or maybe 20x2) would fit in two 5"1/2' bays.
But a LCD you could fit in a single bay wouldnt be of much use as it would have to be a 1x10 or somthing tiny like that.

PanamaKID

Okay, one thing I was thinking about do LCDs/VFDs need the PCB to be hard-fixed to them ?

Can they not be run possibly from a PCB via ribbon cable to the actual display ?

That way the PCB can be mounted in the 3.5" drive bay easily and the display can fit (almost) into the 3.5" panel (as I said in my first post, maybe two bays high).

M

MWP

Yeh, most have them fixed.
Youll find it very hard to find a LCD with a ribbon cable off the back of the glass to a PCB thats HD44780 compatible.

TheCheeseMan

PanamaKID said:
So no one has yet managed to do a 3.5" drive bay LCD then it seems ?

****!
Yes there are ld's you could use that are small enough and have sufficient lines... post in the open forum though because I can't give you a link here.

Cheers,

r.