2BM-10004-TS on the CFAF320240F-T-TS

doubleflatted8

Hello,

I am new to the LCD world, and am in need of 6 touch screen LCDs. I have found this product, but am not sure about what the 2BM-10004-TS function is or if I need to purchase this along with the CFAF320240F-T-TS. Any help explaining exactly what it does would be of great help.

Thanks,

doubleflatted8
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

CF Support

Administrator
Essentially what the 2BM-10004-TS does is bring the connectors out from either 0.50 mm or 1mm pitch ZIF connectors out to a much easier to work with 0.10" pitch header. It also has a LED driver on board so that you don't have to generate the ~19.8v (or 9.9v x 2 depending on your liking) to drive the backlight.

It's not something that you have to purchase with the display, but depending on your time frame or abilities, it can make it much more convenient to work with the display.

doubleflatted8

Thank you, this helped a lot, but I have a follow-up question.

Since I plan not to use the 2BM-10004-TS, I will be designing a much simpler LCD driver to operate only in RGB 262k mode. I have looked through the manual for the LCD but could not figure out if there is a built-in DAC in the actual LCD. What I'm wondering is for the 18 data bits, is this data going to be binary (0-255 values) or will it somehow be an analog signal? It seems like a silly question, I know, but I couldn't find anything about how the LCD is actually using the data bits when operating in RGB mode.

Thanks!

CF Support

Administrator
Having not used the RGB interface in house (neither using the 2BM-10004-TS or anything else), other than suggesting that you consult the datasheet for the controller, I'm not sure I can tell you how using the RGB interface will work.