Boot screen question

andyfung

I have the CFA634-YFH-KP LCD display. I would like to change the boot screen. I changed the interface from SPI to RS232 by sending command \009\002\001 through SPI. And I set the jumper as the following:

JP3, JP4 - open
JP5, JP6 - closed
JPC, JPD - closed
JP2 - open
JPBL - clolsed
JP_DB9_PWR - open
JP1 - open

The 5V power is provided on J2. I tried to use cftest to send some commands in order to see if the LCD is able to receive commands from RS232. I didn't change the baud rate (default 19200). Tried to adjust the brightness and contrast and nothing is changed on display. Also tried to use Boot Setup to config the boot screen. Hit "Update" and "Store all setting to EEPROM" but nothing shown on the display.

What else I need to do to communicate with RS232/Boot Setup? Can I just config the boot screen without changing the interface and sending commands through SPI with no software?

I appreciated if you could help on this issue.

Thanks,
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

NOTE: I am not familiar with this particular module but I will attempt to give some help based on what I see in the datasheet.

... I would like to change the boot screen. I changed the interface from SPI to RS232 by sending command \009\002\001 through SPI.
Did you successfully command the module while it was originally in SPI mode? For example, sending text or changing brightness/contrast. Did cftest show response packets for your commands? Or did you use some other method to send SPI?
The 5V power is provided on J2. I tried to use cftest to send some commands in order to see if the LCD is able to receive commands from RS232. I didn't change the baud rate (default 19200). Tried to adjust the brightness and contrast and nothing is changed on display. Also tried to use Boot Setup to config the boot screen. Hit "Update" and "Store all setting to EEPROM" but nothing shown on the display.
So the display is not responding to any RS232 communication? Did you try different baud rates? If you power down the display, then power it up, is there a boot screen showing?
What else I need to do to communicate with RS232/Boot Setup? Can I just config the boot screen without changing the interface and sending commands through SPI with no software?
You should be able to change the boot screen using SPI (if the module is set for SPI mode). Not sure what you mean by "SPI with no software". I thought you were using cftest. I don't think you can control the module without software.
If you are unsure what mode the module is set to, you could try the "reset to USB" procedure, and command it through a USB cable to check functionality.

USB LCD Displays - Graphic and Character LCDs with a Keypad