Power issues while having SCAB connected

antand

Hi! Im having some problem with Chrystalfontz SCAB card.

Nothing is powered up in my computer as long as I have the power connected to the SCAB card. When I unplug only the power connector from SCAB, everything is fine.
I can also get power when the SCAB is powered if I, after I put the 230v chord in the PSU, just unplug and put back the power to the motherboard….

Setup:
tried different PSU:s: Corsair HX1050, FSP 750W
motherboard: gigabyte p67a-ud7-b3
SCAB and CFA635

Thankful for any help!
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

CF Mark

Administrator
That is a strange problem.

Try unplugging everything from the SCAB except for the floppy-drive power connector and the SCAB to CFA635 cable.
What happens then?

USB LCD Displays - Graphic and Character LCDs with a Keypad

CF Support2

Administrator
it goes to the CFA635

So you are pulling for the 7 pin header (J8) on the SCAB back to the CFA635?

That header is an extension of the GPIO lines from the CFA635 (via H1). The +5v, +12v, and ground lines are input to the SCAB. The module is should only be connected to the SCAB via the 16 pin cable (WREXTY15 is what you are using) - this connects power (+5v), GPIO, Fan control and temp sensors. I'm wondering if something got borked along the way.

antand

Im sorry but that cable was going to a ledboard and not to the cfa635. The only cable going to cfa635 from the scab is the silver cable.

CF Support2

Administrator
My apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

With the SCAB connected to the PSU - you get no power on the system at all, correct?

This condition happens when the CFA635 is connected or is not connected -- I am wondering if there is a short somewhere. Can I have you un-mount the SCAB from the chassis and see if the problem continues?

antand

OK, so i got a new SCAB and still the same problem. lifted the card up from its place and plugged in the 230v power chord but still nothing.