Lifespan of CFA-635 Screen

Mike Eckman

I am just curious about what is the projected lifespan of the actual LCD module on a CFA-635? Assuming I have it installed on a server which is running 24/7 and the screen is not set to ever dim, should I be concerned that it could "burn out" at some point?
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

CF Support2

Administrator
There is a finite run time of the backlight LEDs for the CFA635 series - well, for any LED backlight. If you leave them running at 100% all the time, which we do not recommend, then your run time will be roughly 10,000 to 15,000 for the white LED backlights (TMF and TFE), and typically over 50,000 for the yellow-green LEDs (YYE).

Mike Eckman

I lowered the brightness slider to 15% for my screen and its still very readable. It will still be on 24/7. Hopefully that allows it to last a while! :)

CF Support2

Administrator
Running at 15% will extend the life time of the backlight considerably :)

We have some of the newer whte LED backlights that have been running for over 2 years in a long term test. They have dimmed, but are still looking very good. Older white LED backlights were fired up at the same time - they on the other hand are barely illuminated.

I lowered the brightness slider to 15% for my screen and its still very readable. It will still be on 24/7. Hopefully that allows it to last a while! :)