Looking for a replacement LCD (16x2) for E-MU Sp1200

Deta!L

man, I need to buy you a pint sometime!

...placed my order...to be continued :D

I promise to post pictures of the new display when I get it done
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

Deta!L

so I hooked it up, I think I bridged everything correctly and hopefully set it up like it should be..so I hooked it up and bam, power to the display, so I'm stoked, it's bright as hell...

but

as I sat there it would go crazy, from say the correct display a whole bunch of 0's and weird characters would start filling the screen until it was unreadable, then I clicked another button, correct screen but then all these "foreign" images started taking over the screen again...

do you think I misconnected something?...or is this a miscommunication between an old machine and new technology...

correct screen

after a few seconds

sooo, I dunno man, I'm ready to sell out and order the $170 screen the drum machine tech shops are selling

CF Tech

Administrator
Would almost have to be wiring. Looks to me like a noisy clock, which could also happen with a poor ground.

Does the old display still work OK?

I guess we could try another display. We would have to get a ticket going.

Deta!L

Would almost have to be wiring. Looks to me like a noisy clock, which could also happen with a poor ground.

Does the old display still work OK?

I guess we could try another display. We would have to get a ticket going.
yes, the older display still works fine, it was just damaged cosmetically... I could send you the original display if that would help, pull some specs or whatever...it's also rumored that these http://www.noritake-elec.com/ledbacklight/ work, but I'm not sure the differences in the one that I purchased