your plugin requests..

jdgordon

hey,
well i can now compile plugins so im posting here to get an idea of some plugins to start coding...

it will prob take me a few goes to get the hang of the plugin system so any little suggestion for a plugin is good..

i need your suggestions coz i havnt used cc2 for very long so dont really know whats needed...

ideas that ive already planned on doing:
- rss/xml reader
- something to talk to Miranda IM (the greatest multi-im client on the planet.)
- (if this is possible... should be) a plugin to set the scroll speed for individual lines (and specifically the winamp screen), if this actually works then it should be pretty easy to get it to scroll only parts of the line :)

...?
________
Kitchen Measures
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

Last edited:

reider

Hi Jd,
All very much needed and necessary I`m sure. The xml and the scrolling especially. Any more Winamp features are a boon at any time.

We currently have a big time for the 2004 series modules where the numerals are stretched to all four lines. A date format to suit would be fantastic. We have had requests for a similar big date/time feature on the 631 too. With only 2 lines this is very difficult to achieve, but I`ll leave it with you anyway-we have up to 3 big characters at the moment but that rather leaves the features wanting.

Regards and best wishes,

Steve

CF Mark

Administrator
Row scroll speed can already be set...

Code:
[m00-s03-r01]
options=5
scroll_speed=250
Where the speed is the time between shifting the row in mS.

jc634

Administrator
OK, you asked for it.

Another BETA tester produced a plug-in for a weather routine quite some time ago. Unfortunately, the weather service he was using is no longer in service and the routines he programmed have not been updated as CC2 matured.

If you want a challenge, this is 1 plug-in that I know a LOT of people would like to see in CC2.

Any questions?;) Any ideas?

Jim

jdgordon

im gonna start a rss/xml reader plugin today or tomrow, so as long as the weather channel has an rss feed that will be good enough...

i may extend it to search for text in any html file which shouldnt be too hard..
________
PENNY STOCKS

Last edited:

jc634

Administrator
BTW, I am sure that CC admin welcomes your prescense here. I don't *think* many of us BETA testers are programmers.

In the end, you might deflect some of our questions/requests from him to you, so that he can concentrate of finishing many of the CC2 coding that he and Crystalfontz would like to see finished.

Jim

jc634

Administrator
jdgordon said:
im gonna start a rss/xml reader plugin today or tomrow, so as long as the weather channel has an rss feed that will be good enough...

i may extend it to search for text in any html file which shouldnt be too hard..
I would hope that the weather channel would be around for a long time, also!:)

Jim

reider

Thats the good thing about freedom of choice. A Mac does computing admirably but oh so many prefer a PC. LCD Smartie has a place and does the job really well. However, many many people prefer to take the software from the people who supply the hardware. Thus, we have this forum dedicated to that software.

Steve

jdgordon

X7JAY7X said:
LCD Smartie has all of these features, why use CC2?

I couldnt get it to work with my parallel LCD anyway.
if u use lcdsmartie y even bother coming to these forums?
and to get it working install cc origional then cc2
________
VAPORIZERS

Last edited:

daks001

jdgordon said:
ok the xml/rss feed reader is done and released.. so i need more ideas :p
A plugin like winamp but for WMP.
Verticle bargraphs.
Horizontal bargraphs with the value displayed inside the bar.
Tiny Text.
Blinking characters.
ICQ/Messenger infor display.

Just a few off the top of my head.

X7JAY7X

JDgordon

I come here to see whats going on as far as hardware, not software. What program you use is your choice, I was just saying that LCD smartie has most of the features you were looking for.

In my opinion, CC2 is one of the worst LCD programs out there. I built my own Serial LCD Backpack for about $10; all of the LCD manufacturers are expensive. I prefer LCDSmartie, but its all preference.

reider

Thats mighty peculiar, Chris Lansley, the guy who maintains LCD Smartie now, came in not so many weeks back and asked why so many people preferred CC2 and stuck with it. Some light hearted chat was struck up on the subject, and it was agreed from the outset by all parties that their was a place for all types of LCD software.

Of course you are welcome to your opinion, just that many many others like both programs but much prefer CC2. As CF quite rightly said (maybe not quite the same words but the context is correct), the more programs out there the better, we can all learn from each other. The more we learn the better off we will all be.

Steve

X7JAY7X

I agree reider......... the more programs the better.

Like I said its all preference. With people like Gordon making plugins to improve CC2, it can only get better.

jdgordon

CF Tech said:
I would love a GAIM plugin.
Lots of people use Trillian too.
i use miranda im which is far superior :D so ill work on a plugn for that.. then probably a gaim one (if some over there helps me out..)

the only reason y a miranda one will be easy is because there is already a plugin for it which lets other programs get info from it useing rpc which makes it very easy...

X7JAY7X: sorry about my repoly to u... every1 is entitled to their opinions.. just its not nescasery in _THIS_ thread....

daks:
wmp, ill look into it
vert graphs.. would look a bit wierd with a max height of only 4 chars.. but probably doable
horiz graph.. great minds htink alike :) i want this also
tiny text prob isnt doable because the 8 custom char limit.. i also wanted to do a "colour inversion" plugin but cant for the same reason
msgr info: definatly one for miranda... duno bout other clients
________
ASATRU (NORSE PAGANISM) FORUM

Last edited:

jc634

Administrator
daks001 said:
A plugin like winamp but for WMP.
Horizontal bargraphs with the value displayed inside the bar.

I second the above 2. Definately WMP. After about 3 releases since I last used winamp, it is a very nice program, tho.

I hadn't thought of "value displayed inside the bar", but that would be very nice!

Jim