Works on one PC but Not Another - CFAH2002A-YYB-JP

Grinthock

CFAH2002A-YYB-JP connected via parallel to a PC.

It works on 1 other PC no problem, BOTH in DOS mode using LCD print....

PC it's working on:

Pentium III Compaq PC, DOS mode, LCD PRINT or the CrystalFontz debug program. It works just fine, port in ECP mode.

PC it's not working on.

Pentium 4, Clone PC, LCD PRINT or CrystalFontz debug both don't work, (yes i've installed the driver, it's running XP but I tried the dos app too), tried the port in ecp, epp, spp, ecp+epp no dice, the LCDprint app DOES see the port but not the display and it doesn't print anything

Any ideas???? WEIRD... A Printer does work on this PC :) I have tested the port and it works fine........ I suppose the next step would be to get a meter and see if it's throwing command codes out.
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

Peppe316

I have the CFAH2004A-RMC-JP Parallel LCD and I have the same problem

It works on a Gateway PII 350mhz (not sure of the specs)
but not on a custom built
SPECS:
Motherboard: MSI K7t266 Pro2
CPU: AMD AthlonXP 1700+
Ram: 512MB
Vid: G4 Ti 4400

I've checked the port settings in the bios and in win2k and have set them exactly like this win98 box but it still doesn't work I've run the CFAH_WinTest on both machines and it only works on the Gateway. I've tried everything I could think of and still it does not work. Any help is greatly apprieciated!

*edit* It was a dead parallel port on my new box :(

Last edited:

SmashTheQUBE

it could be that one of the ports is putting out more or less of a "ma" and/or voltage value than the other or a background process is using the port for something else.

SmashTheQUBE

it could be that one of the ports is putting out more or less of a "ma" and/or voltage value than the other or a background process is using the port for something else.