Working with FPGA and CFAG240128L

bmjunar

Hello everybody,

Has anybody worked with vhdl code? if so, could you help me? . Also, I have read the T6963C datasheet, which is the controller that the LCD works with, and I haven't even understood how to inizitialize the LCD.

I will appreciate any help

Thank you,
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

Last edited:
I can't help you with vhdl, but I can explain about initializing the T6963.

The init is done by sending commands to set the operating parameters & modes. Some commands have no data, some have 1 data byte, some have 2 data bytes. For commands with data, the data byte(s) are sent first (with CD = 0), then send the command byte (with CD = 1).

You can see a sample at the end of the data sheet. There is a CFA sample program you can look at here:
http://www.crystalfontz.com/backlight/Demo_Code/CFAG240128L_wintest.zip

You can also search for "T6963" on the main page, using the "Search▼" item at the top of the page, to find threads that discuss this controller. Some threads have code samples.

bmjunar

Check status

Thank you for your pormpt response

I have been working on initalizing, but now I have problems checking the status becuase the checking part of the sample program that you gave me isn't clear to me (below). I would like to know what are the most important steps. Also, I wanted to know If I need specific fequencies to comunicate with the LCD.

void CheckRWCD(void)
{
// while((LcmReadStatus() & 0x03) != 0x03);
}
//
void CheckAutoWrite(void)
{
// while((LcmReadStatus() & 0x08) == 0);
//
void CheckScreen(void)
{
// while(LcmReadStatus() & 0x40);

Thank you again in advance

... now I have problems checking the status becuase the checking part of the sample program that you gave me isn't clear to me (below).
The code samples you have here are OK, but they do not show enough. You should supply the LcmReadStatus() code.
I would like to know what are the most important steps.
I can't answer this unless you give me examples. The general idea is that they are all important, else the LCD does not function as expected.
Also, I wanted to know If I need specific fequencies to comunicate with the LCD.
There is no specific frequency. There is a table on page 30 of the T6963CFG data sheet which shows the minimum/maximum timing for the setup times, hold times, pulse width, etc.