wirz sli-oem and cfah2004a-tmi-jp wont work ?????/

HEADCASE

Ok im not a newbie at this stuff ...:D But I fell pretty dumb at the moment ....I have a wirz SLI-OEM backpack connected to a CFAH2004A-TMI-JP 634 series display....Now I know the wiring is correct ... cause when I use wintest I can get an output to the display. simple text like (TEST ,,,,,) but when I try to run CC program or any program I get nothing but way off center characters ...or chinese characters ...and after a few seconds all I get is a scrolling cursor ... ex. _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ...and no more info at all .....THIS PUZZLES ME ..:confused: All my dip settings are correct as far as the baud rate 19200 and display type 4 x 20 and im using com1 .....Now if anybody else has had this problem I would appreciate an answer back on this ..as im ready to make a pile of tiny parts out of these items..:mad: my os is win XP Pro
and I seen and read all the threads pertaining to this OS and nothing works...as a matter a fact no lcd program has yet to solve this issue ...
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

CF Tech

Administrator
CC does not support the Wirz command set. Please take a look through our links page to see if one of those supports the Wirz.

I think LCDriver supports it, then you need to find a program that runs through LCDriver.

HEADCASE

ok kool thanks for the info.....now im in search of more software to support this setup....:mad: but atleast I know what the deal is..thanks again for replying so fast .....ill let you know what I come up with ..if I can get it all to work ..:D

HEADCASE

:D OK I solved the issue I was having...its working now....
I installed LCDriver 1.1 then I installed UIC 12 beta ..(for 2k and xp) (ultimate information center) and a few other little programs
LCD HDINFO , LCD METER , all can be had at the same site as LCDriver .......ok I guess im all good now ....thanks again ..THE DISPLAY IS AWESOME .....

CF Tech

Administrator
I am glad that you got it all working!

I am not familiar with some of those programs. Would you be interested in posting a mini software how-to for the Wirz with links to the downloads? I could link over to it from the Wirz tutorial thread.

And of course we would always like to see pics of the end result ;)

HEADCASE

Sure I would be glad to write a software how to on the programs im using and will also include some pictures of the finished product :)

Last edited: