Win2K LCD Drivers

DETN8R

anyone know of a program/driver/etc that will let my parallell lcd work with win2k, i have had this lcd all wired up and have been able to do nothing with it.
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

Astromonkey

I have the same problem

I here you on that one. I'm having the same problem and i know that is correctly wired cause i double checked it and had my roommate look at it too. I have know clue whats wrong. I am also getting power so i know its done halfway right. I'm in the same boat so if you figure it out will you post it.
Thx, Astromonkey

matthartmcse

Same problem

I have the same problem, trying to use a parallel lcd with win2k. Power works, and lines 1 and 3 are solid black, while 2 and 4 are blank. I can control the contrast using the potentiometer so i guess that's working correctly. Anyone know why i get these two black lines that don't go away?

TheCheeseMan

Black lines are a test signal...

writing to a parallel LCD is made difficult by Nt/2k/XP - most programs use an external program to route through which solves the problem - depends what you want to do with your LCD though. to be able to use LCd Center and LCD Smartie you need a program called port95nt.exe - search for these on google or similar to find downloads.

Cheers,

r. (see basiep's thread in software for smartie btw)

BellaCroix

First: Yes. If lines one and three are lit on a four-line LCD the power is wired correctly and the unit is initializing correctly. On a two-line LCD unit only the first line turns black on initialization. The reason both the first and third lines on a four-line LCD black-out is becuase there is technically no such thing as a four-line LCD, what it is actually is two two-line LCDs stacked on top of eachother, so you are looking at both "virtual" two-line LCDs initializing.

Second: Windows 2000 blocks certain access to ports as a security feature. For system administrators running servers from a Windows 2000 machine, this is a very good thing (maybe even for just about everyone)... for people trying to build a parallel port driven LCD, it's a bad thing.

Every software package I've seen recommends the use of an extra program (usually called either Port95NT, DLPortIO, or DLPortNT) which grants access to the parallel port and allows you to write data to an LCD unit.

Those programs can be downloaded free from:
Scientific Software Tools, Inc.
LCD Smartie
Overclockers Australia
and even...
CrystalFontz CFAH WinTest Software

Hope that helps... my Windows 2000 LCD rocks!

BellaCroix

CF Mark

Administrator
BellaCroix said:
Second: Windows 2000 blocks certain access to ports as a security feature. For system administrators running servers from a Windows 2000 machine, this is a very good thing (maybe even for just about everyone)... for people trying to build a parallel port driven LCD, it's a bad thing.

Every software package I've seen recommends the use of an extra program (usually called either Port95NT, DLPortIO, or DLPortNT) which grants access to the parallel port and allows you to write data to an LCD unit.
Its not just Windows 2000, its any WinNT based Windows OS (NT4, 2k, XP).

CrystalControl installs DLPortIO itself, so no need to play around with the Port95nt installer.

Frengo22

I have the some problem!
I have a cfah2002a-tmc-jp display, the connection to parallel port is correct, and i am using lcd smartie with port95nt, and Crystalcontrol programs, but on tree different pc's, having windows xp/2k/98, the display don't work, it show always the first line all powered on (the start signal, when the display has been connected). Also when the s.o. start and che software has been started.
I have controlled the setting of printer port, (set as EPP) and check the connections to parallel port up to 5 times!
I do not know devout again!
I am deprived of hope!
Please help me!!!:( :( :(