Vista: Unknown Error (2)

armoredcars

I have a 631 that works with WinTest. The only problem is that I can't get CC2 to work; every time I try to start the service I get an Unknown Error (2). Hopefully this is a poorly named error and somebody knows what it means.
I am using CC2 version 20061225/832 in Vista Business 32 bit edition, downloaded the USB drivers yesterday and followed all the steps in the instructions word document as best as I could.
Thanks, Aaron
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

CF Mark

Administrator
What is giving the error, and when?
Is it the USB drivers, the cc2_service or the cc2_config (tray app)?

armoredcars

When I right click on the CC2 icon in the system tray and click Start the Service
Could not start the CC2 service: Unknown Error (2) pops up.

Also the huge big button that in CC2 Config that says Start CrystalControl2 Service pulls up the same error.

CF Mark

Administrator
Ok, thanks, i do know whats causing the problem now.
Its a Vista security issue, and im testing a new version of CC2 that fixes these problems at the moment.
Ill get the new version up once it has been properly tested (this or next week).

CF Mark

Administrator
I have fixed that one problem, but there are a few other Vista issues im still working on before releasing the next version.

jevans64

I'm having the same issue with Vista. Either Defender or the Service Control Manager in Vista is not letting the cc2 service run. I don't know a whole lot about Vista and SCM or assigning/editing Service ID's yet to attempt to get through this hurdle. My guess is this is just the first of many hurdles to get over in order to get CC2 to work with Vista.

anhil

Same story...

Well, just to report that I am suffering from the same phenomenon with Vista Ultimate x64 - even with the latest USB drivers 2.02.04. :(

When I look at Services, I see that the service actually starts without any problem. Tried both ways, as a System Service and run on my (administrator) account.

When I stop the Service from Computer Management , the CC2 button 'Start CC2 Service" actually almost works :rolleyes: - that is - no error (2) is reported but the icon on the notification area stays red (instead of blue) demonstrating that 'Service Is Not Running'. This can be confirmed from the Computer management.

Since obviously somebody has succeeded to run CC2 in Vista x64, I would appreciate some hints, how to reproduce it in my end... :confused:

Oh yes, my unit is SDK204-634 V2.2.
--
anhil

jc634

Administrator
Any released version of CC2 will NOT start the service from the config program (from the system tray) in Vista.

You HAVE to start CC2 from Services. At this time, that is only way to do it.

I do know that there is an update in the works. It fixes all of the starting problems except 1 type. There are a few more modules that need to be "massaged" to work in Vista. Hopefully, a new version will be released soon.

anhil

Thank you for your comments! Looking forward to the CC2 release working under Vista x64 :)
--
anhil