User Customized 631 Screens

jc634

Administrator

Daks,

Where did you get your Avatar? I can sure identify with that one:) !

Jim
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

daks001

Re: Avatar

jc634 said:
Daks,

Where did you get your Avatar? I can sure identify with that one:) !

Jim
To be honest I have no idea! I have just been saving avatars and funny gifs for months by saving them in my pictures directory with a right click. LOL

Araya213

I would really love to see some more of the showgif screens... Maybe for gamers, a rifle going firing or something like that... Love the work you guys are doing!! Is there a way to show how much disk space you are using or how much you have left as there was with CC1??

jc634

Administrator
The type of GIFs needed for CC2 are rather specific (16 x 24), although length is not critical because CC2 truncates it. You also need a clear background. Search the web and if you find a good one that works, post it here!:)

As far as Diskspace, etc.: I don't think so. I can't get the disk usage routines to work on mine at all. CC admin suggested that a file might be missing. I don't want to reinstall Windows just to check, however!

I do miss the routines you are asking for, also. I would suggest that you post this request in the main CC2 forum and direct it to CC admin.

Later

Jim

CF Mark

Administrator
Ill answer it in here :)

Ill try and make up some disk used/free screens.
Im not sure itll work though... if it doesnt, youll have to wait for the screen-editor :(

reider

Araya213 said:
I would really love to see some more of the showgif screens... Maybe for gamers, a rifle going firing or something like that... Love the work you guys are doing!! Is there a way to show how much disk space you are using or how much you have left as there was with CC1??
Now I know for sure that Daks can imitate a .gif when the mood takes him. Ask nicely n who knows, nobody can show that same skill so far. If he can do a running man then maybe he can do a rifle too.....

Steve

Araya213

whatever... when i was in fifth grade i used to do the running man all the time... maybe i should have just kept that to myself... Anywayz i'll play around with it and see what i can figure out on my own.. I would like to have the skill to make my own showgif screens at will anywayz.. but if anyone wants to beat me to the punch yer welcome to it!!

Araya213

so.. what's the trick?? I edit an image and it no worky.. so i'm guessing it's not as easy as that... someone wanna point me in the right direction as there is no documentation on making showgif screens?

reider

Araya213 said:
so.. what's the trick?? I edit an image and it no worky.. so i'm guessing it's not as easy as that... someone wanna point me in the right direction as there is no documentation on making showgif screens?
I haven`t tried my theory but I would say save the screen as another title. Edit the pic, keeping the elements within the contours of the original block sizes. ie Line 0-7 repeated however many times and only 6 characters wide. Now save it, load into CC2 in the normal way and it should then deposit the details automatically into the cc2_cchar.ini

Steve

Araya213

That is the first thing i tried, and it gave me the error code that it gives when it can't find the .gif... I'm wondering if it's because i just did one single frame rather than the whole animated thing.. Is there file size checking embedded in the 2002 file?

jc634

Administrator
Araya213 said:
That is the first thing i tried, and it gave me the error code that it gives when it can't find the .gif... I'm wondering if it's because i just did one single frame rather than the whole animated thing.. Is there file size checking embedded in the 2002 file?
I am not exactly sure what you are asking for but here goes...

cc2_showgif.ini does has some checking in it, for example, from my showgif_16amfl01 screen

[from00]
from="cc2_showgif.ini"
sec="gif-#"
opt01="idRow1=@01"
opt02="idRow2=@02"
opt03="xOffset=16"
opt04="yOffset=0"
opt05="width=24"
opt06="height=16"
opt07="start=1"
opt08="end=10"
opt09="delay=100"
opt10="filename=C:\gifs\16amfl01.gif"

Note options 7 & 8. Mostly option 8. If your GIF file has less frames than than the "end", the routine will fail because it is looking for more frames than the file has.

Hope this helps...

Jim

Araya213

wow, shoulda known it was something like that. I feel like a dumbass for not looking for myself... anyways that's GREAT!! Changing the end value got my test screen working. But with it only being able to show 24 blocks in width, that puts teh brakes on my rifle idea.

Last edited:

Araya213

just finished my first showgif screen. Boy does it suck, i wouldn't dare show it in public. It seems that the files i've been editing, the moving eye ones, arent the full size vertically. Is that true?? Because when i output to my display it adds pixels to the the top of the screen. It only does this when i draw to the top row of pixels on the .gif, it then fills in an additional row that i have no control over at the very top.

jc634

Administrator
I do not remember the size of the eyes. You can easily check by right-clicking on the file and check properties to see the size.

Jim

Araya213

that really doesn't matter to me at this point.. I need to make the gif cover the enitre screen on the X axis. What would I have to do to make it work? I got this super weak looking animated screen of a bomb with a timer tickin down and then some guy's face desenigrates or however you spell it... It's so weak i can't even run it on my own 631 here at the house without feeling like a moron. I mean, my own woman was laughing at me... what the hell?? I need to animate this whole screen so i can make pimp **** that the ladies will flock to my nerdy ass for... All joking aside, am i truly limited by the showgif.ini to the point where i can't fill the screen up??

jc634

Administrator
Upload the GIF to me and I will see what I can do. I have tried to experiment with doing just what I think you want without much success. I have to admit that I didn't try very hard after I got what wanted working a different way.

I could try to walk you here (I even started a reply) but it very involved trying to explain blind.:(

Anyway, upload your GIF and explain to me what you want to do with that particular one.

Jim