User Customized 631 Screens

daks001

Here is a screen that will put a couple of animated eyes on your screen!
Tell your little kids the computer is watching them! LOL

The screen assumes the eyes01.gif file is in the c:\gifs directory. If you want to put the gif file some place else you will have to open up the showgif_2eyes.2002 file with a text editor and change the line;

opt10="filename=C:\gifs\eyes01.gif" to whatever the new path is.

The showgif_2eyes.2002 file should be saved in your;

C:\Program Files\CrystalControl2\cc2-config\screens

or wherever you loaded the program files to.

Hope this works on your system too. Enjoy
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

Attachments

daks001

Here is a slight modification to the CPU usage bargraph. Put the .2002 file in your;

C:\Program Files\CrystalControl2\cc2-config\screens

directory or wherever you you installed crystal control.

Attachments

jc634

Administrator
The

[E01][E01]
[E01][E01]

means that the gif file is not found, so...

Make sure you put the GIF files in a directory c:\gif

Should work then.

Jim

reider

jc634 said:
The

[E01][E01]
[E01][E01]

means that the gif file is not found, so...

Make sure you put the GIF files in a directory c:\gif

Should work then.

Jim
Mine came up as above until I realised the pic was in a folder called Gif instead of Gifs that the screen was calling for, once changed it worked perfectly. This was my fault, a simple typo.....

Hope this helps,

Steve

reider

I recently posted this in another CC2 thread, but this is a more fitting place and central for everyone.

Myfan.zip is a Speedfan Screen that has been edited from a couple of the included screens in CC2. It shows as follows

2 text entries on the top line and two on the bottom line so you get ......

CPU + PWM
PSU + HDD

Use as you wish, at your own risk. Amend as you feel fit.

Steve

Attachments

daks001

nickp8 said:
The gif file is in c:\gifs
Have a look in your
C:\Program Files\CrystalControl2\cc2-service directory for a file called service.log
Open it and near the bottom you should see where all the dll's are loaded...
do you see this line?

Sat 18 15:41:54 NOTICE load_dlls: DLL_OTHER plugin "cc2_showgif.dll" loaded

Or does it say that it is not a valid dll file?

Also in your showgif.log file do you see something like this;

Sat 18 15:41:55 NOTICE ini_read_string: value found: gif-03->filename = "C:\gifs\16amfl01.gif"

reider

JC came up with a really good screen edit which shows the date on the top line and the time plus am/pm indicator on the bottom line. I cannot and will not try to improve on that, but here is a slight modification of his screen showing the date in English format.

Thus, you get DD/MM/YYYY (instead of MM/DD/YYYY)
Time + AM/PM

No offence intended here guys, but this is how we do it in the Uk. Thanks once again to JC who came up with a great improvement in the first place.

Steve

Attachments

nickp8

It says:

Sat 18 20:45:34 ERROR load_dlls: plugin "cc2_showgif.dll" is not a valid DLL file (LoadLibrary failed)

daks001

nickp8 said:
It says:

Sat 18 20:45:34 ERROR load_dlls: plugin "cc2_showgif.dll" is not a valid DLL file (LoadLibrary failed)
Go to your windows directory or winnt and go to the system32 subdirectory...

Do you have a file in there called MSVCR71.DLL ?

jc634

Administrator
reider,

When I date drawings at work, it is in the format of:

18DEC04

I prefer this format, unforunately, date options in CC2 (and Windows) do not have this format, so...

The secondary here is MM/DD/YYYY instead of DD/MM/YYYY. Either way is fine for me.

What I have found confusing is the US method of 2,000.00 vs. 2.000,00 in Europe:D !

Jim

nickp8

daks001 said:
Go to your windows directory or winnt and go to the system32 subdirectory...

Do you have a file in there called MSVCR71.DLL ?
I do have that file.

Last edited:

reider

Remember in CC1 how we used to add our own text to the LCD panel? Once we get the screen/events editor we`ll probably be able to do that again. Thankfully though, owing to the sheer brilliance of the CC2 Tech/Admin in the way CC2 was implemented, we have a temporary fix in the way of the following three screens.

Mytext_centre

When loaded in CC2 as a screen will offer a text input box. The text you type in here will be added to line one of the LCD panel in the centre position. The text you type in the second box will be added to line two of the LCD panel again in the centre position. The displayed text will be static unless you exceed 20 characters on the CFA 631 on each line, a space is counted as a character too. If you exceed the count then the text will automatically scroll.

By adding this screen and then hitting the `restart CC2` button you should get the desired screen. Unload the screen, reload and enter fresh text and you have an updated display any time you wish.

Mytext_scroll

Works exactly the same way as the screen above with the 20 character rule and the text input boxes. Except that, the top line is static-say for a title or name and the bottom line scrolls even if the text is less than 20 characters.

Mytext

Now this one is for the brave amongst you, not too much to worry about. Instead of a text box for each of the two lines you can enter your own text in the file itself at the indicated places. This will display until you next change the file. It can be edited in notepad, just be careful (don`t select `always use notepad to edit files of this type`. Now if you inspect the other two screens closely you will seee the slight changes necessary for scroll and centre. Answers on a postcard to the usual place.......

All three screens are zipped into one file for your convenience. File size is not excessive anyway as these are basically text files.

Please remember all screens are written/amended by enthusiasts and used at your own risk. Have fun and enjoy, please remember too that the CC2 team have worked long and hard on these enhancements for your benefit, feedback is appreciated-both good and bad.

Steve

Attachments

Last edited:

CF Mark

Administrator
Stevey said:
I do and neither bigtext or the eyes will load.
It appears they need more DLLs than just MSVCR71.DLL :(

Ill try and work out exactly what they need in the next few days.