USB humping dog email alert

armoredcars

I have a 631 and wanted to know if I could get it to sink one of the pins on the back and start the dog when I get an email.
I was thinking, and I might be completely wrong, that someone could add to the whatever language you use equivalent of :
If NewEmail > 0
then pinX = 0
else pinx = 1
endif
to the end of the code that runs when it checks for email.
Also I was wondering if the 631 could down 5v or if I'd have to hook up a transistor.

(Click on the thumbnail to see it in action)
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

Attachments

CF Support2

Administrator
Another option would be to use the fan headers from the SCAB when used in conjunction with the CFA631. This would have more options in sending the right voltage / signal to the dog.

armoredcars

The SCAB thing looks awesome, but I'm kind of pressed for cash now. Trust me, as soon as I have the time/money I'm going to hack the sh!t out of that thing. Right now all I need is a basic on off, if I can get a single pin to ground as little as 1.2v I can figure the rest out in hardwiring to get the dog working.

CF Tech

Administrator
The just use GPIO[0]. Look in the data sheet on page 10. It should be good for 0v or 5v (only use 100% or 0%) at around 20mA. You can test it with 631_WinTest.

If you can get that working, then I think CC2 might be coaxed into setting GPIO[0] based on e-mail status (not 100% sure).