USB Drivers - Unofficial v2.02.04

jc634

Administrator
Attached is a zip containing the latest USB drivers (v2.02.04) from the FTDI website modifed for use with Crystalfontz LCD's. The generic FTDI drivers are now WHQL certified.

These drivers are for the following operating systems:

Windows Vista
Windows Vista x64
Windows XP
Windows XP x64
Windows 2000
Windows Server 2003
Windows Server 2003 x64

Included in the zip file is a doc file (CF_USB.doc). This is a step-by-step list of instructions on how I installed them in Vista. The same method would be appropriate for XP.

If you have any questions, a good experience, a bad experince, etc., let me know in this thread.

Jim

http://www.crystalfontz.com/backlight/forum/userscreen/77/CF_USB_2-02-04.zip
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

'99

I hope it's better... the old one stops working, and I tried changing the USB port. My CF635 works nice enough, but stops updateing. When I restart CC2... I get an error, so I have to reboot.

/'99

Madness

I've tried these newer drivers but they cause my 635 to go completely dead after about two hours. Only way to resurrect it is to restart the computer. So, I went back to the original set of unsigned drivers (I'm still using WinXP).

maddmaxx

Anyone know if this will work with 7? I have tried everything including going to MS updates and getting drivers for 7 but my screen is still dark. I have a 635 and a dual boot with XP Pro and 7.