Usb 634 question

Chepaman

If I buy a Usb 634 display what wire would I need for power and data?

Is this the only wire I need?

USB-A to 2mm Cable for 632 & 634 USB Displays

Thanks
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

USB LCD Displays - Graphic and Character LCDs with a Keypad

Chepaman

Hehe

I don't think you understood my question... I'm asking what wire or wires would I need if I ordered the Usb 634?

I'm not ordering the kit =)

Last edited:

Joaquin

Freak is right....everything is powered and controlled via one USB cable that come with the 634. Once you install the drivers, your PC will have a virtual COM port which utimately is pathed to the USB. Nice and compact. I plan on building a standalone box for the LCD and keeping it on my desk while the PC is on the floor.

Joaquin

Chepaman

Joaquin

Joaquin...

Thats exactly what I want to do...
Build an external box for the LCD to but in front of me on the desk =)

You have any good plans on how best to do that?

I'm lookin for a nice lil black box as I want the Negative display. I think that would look sweet.

Thanks

Joaquin

Hey...cool! I ended up picking up a Project Box from Radio Shack. They come in a pretty wide variety of sizes and their perfect for your idea (black). So, you should find one to fit your needs. I bought the 6"x4"x2" and since it is a larger size than the lcd pcb cuz I was also thinking of putting in a few additional switches to control things like my cold cathode and maybe a headset jack to bypass my speakers. If you don't find anything at Radio Shack that ya like, I also suggest getting to a search engine and looking for "electronic enclosures." There are plenty of supply shops out there that also carry a wider variety of boxes if you have the patience to look for them. Good luck!

Joaquin