USB 634 Problems

ascully

I purhased a Crystalfont 634 USB this week it arrived in 2 days flat (thanks crystalfontz) But I have a little problem, I installed the USB drivers as directed on the site installed the display and hooked it up via the supplied USB cable. Sure enough windows found the device and the virtual port and loaded the drivers. A reboot later I see the boot screen then the flashing prompt. I then run wintest and it outputs nothing but garbage. I tried changing the com port changing the baud rate etc nothing worked.

After a few hours of pulling my hair out I decided to load the drivers on my laptop the same way I did on my main PC, it booted found the display and port then I ran wintest and it runs perfectly. So my question is does anyone have any tips on getting it running in my main pc properly? My mainboard is a Asus A8N-SLI deluxe and it will not work on any of the usb ports or on the usb ports of a pci card i have.

Any help would be great
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

ascully

I tried that and nothing happened again. For some reason I woke up this morning and tried uninstalling everything. A reboot later its all working perfectly. Weird how things go sometimes.

USB LCD Displays - Graphic and Character LCDs with a Keypad