USB 634 & low contrast.

d0ug

I just purchased a usb 634 display and at startup (on the default crystalfontz startup logo screen) the contrast seems to be extremely low, almost hard to read. Is this normal?

I also wanted to add, that i just noticed under closer inspection that the PCB on my display says its a v2.2, but the boot screen says 2.0. The QC dates on the back say 12/17/04 for the LCD and 1/5/05 for the USB daughtercard.
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

Last edited:
USB LCD Displays - Graphic and Character LCDs with a Keypad

reider

d0ug said:
I just purchased a usb 634 display and at startup (on the default crystalfontz startup logo screen) the contrast seems to be extremely low, almost hard to read. Is this normal?
It is normal, but can be adjusted to suit your preferences as follows. Look in CrystalFontz home for the software button. Browsing though here you will find the 634 Wintest program. Please download and install.

Rightclick on the CC icon in the task tray, and select 'stop CrystalControl2'. Open 634 Wintest and setup for the correct port and speed, adjust brightness (backlight) and contrast to suit, save to Eeprom and press the reboot button. Keep doing this until you are happy with it.

Close the program, restart CC2 in the task tray and as a final check restart your computer. I hope this solves your problem.

Regards,

Steve