USB 634 Driver Problems

Tydog

Ok here's whats going on. I have just recently installed Windows 95 OSR2 v 4.00.950 B which supposedly has USB support. Now
I went ahead and installed Crystal Control, then plugged my LCD in. Windows recognized it as new hardware, "installed" the drivers for it and asked for a restart, so i restarted. Now when i booted back up and checked the Device Manager I got this under Universal Serial Bus Controller...."! Crystalfontz CFA634-USB"...so i opened the properties and looked at the driver tab and it said...."No driver files are required or have been loaded for this device." I figured this would be normal so I went ahead and installed the USB drivers that Crystalfontz provides, that was a no go. Restarted and go the same error. I can't get my LCD to turn on. Any Ideas??
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

USB LCD Displays - Graphic and Character LCDs with a Keypad

CF Support

Administrator
Windows 95 is the problem. Windows 95 was hammered together at the end to support USB in it's last dying breath before Windows 95 last service pack (Windows 98).

I would upgrade to Windows 98SE, Windows 2k, or Windows XP Professional. Avoid Windows ME and XP Home like the bubonic plague, as they are far, far more trouble than they're worth.

I know that Microsoft has stopped supporting 95, end of life'd it. I would honestly be surprised if Windows 95 could handle any USB devices made after 1996.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Phudge

Similar problem as Tydog

I have encountered a similar problem with Win98SE where in the device manager I see that everything is installed properly but it does not give me a com port to point the software to. Hence, I get nothing on the USB 634.

Any ideas?

Phudge

Ooops! My bad!

I found another driver file in the forums that I was able to use and get the right com port displayed that I needed. ;)