Unofficial USB/Vista Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

jc634

Administrator
Attached is a zip containing the latest USB drivers (v2.00) from the FTDI website. I originally had the official Crystalfontz drivers installed in Vista (32-bit). They worked, however, CC2 would occasionly stop working, and I would have to restart the CC2 service.

In the week that I have had these drivers running, CC2 has not gone south once. Please note:

1. Vista 32-bit only!
2. I have installed these drivers/CC2/CFA-634 on an XP machine. They work in XP, also.
3. I was going to test Win 2000, but the USB ports on that machine are broke, so I could not test. However, they should work. If you have Win 2000, and they work, please verify in this thread.
4. These are "unsigned" drivers. FTDI and/or CF will have to obtain the appropriate certifications.
5. I have modified the inf files to work with CF displays. Do NOT try to use the drivers direct from the FTDI website.

Included in the zip file is a doc file (CF_USB.doc). This is a step-by-step list of instructions on how I installed them in Vista. The same method would be appropriate for XP.

If you have any questions, a good experience, a bad experince, etc., let me know in this thread. Also, if you are using Vista 64-bit, you will have to wait awhile, since I plan on "dragging my feet" for awhile to upgrade to 64-bit.

Jim

http://www.crystalfontz.com/backlight/forum/userscreen/75/ftdi_200.zip
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

jc634

Administrator
I finally got a chance to try these drivers and CC2 on a Windows 2000 machine.

Quite simply, they work. So if you are using Windows 2000, these are the drivers for you guys, also.

JC

jc634

Administrator
For all you Vista x64 users out there, here are the 64-bit drivers. These should work under XP x64 also, but I have no way to check.

Enjoy!

http://www.crystalfontz.com/backlight/forum/userscreen/76/ftdi_2.00_x64.zip

Jim

Edit:

BTW, for either the 32 or 64-bit drivers, unless FTDI releases new generic drivers, the only differance between these drivers and the "official" drivers *should* be the "signed" version that CF must get for use with Vista.

Just thought you guys should know...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.