The usual question about 633 and ATX power on

rev_bob

I read the other post and I've seen mixed answers. I didn't originaly order my 633(serial) with the y14 cable, I ordered it sometime after and put it on myself, yes it's installed the right way. I connect everything and I see the display on it seems, w/o backlighting and pushing the buttons does not power the pc on. I know the display is compatible with the mobo. Now the manual for the display states that pin 1 is the power sense but the y14 cable doesn't have anything for that. Is there something I'm missing that may be specific to my 633?
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

CF Support

Administrator
I'll go with the assumption that you've sent the correct commands to the 633 to set up the ATX stuff you want turned on.

You'll still need to close JP9, and open JP8 for the sense and such to work properly.

USB LCD Displays - Graphic and Character LCDs with a Keypad

rev_bob

Sorry clicked the wrong button

I seen that in another post but not the specifics on how to type the commands i.e. exactly how is's shown or just the data without stuff like "type", "data".....

rev_bob

I should rephrase that

what is the syntax format for commands....... as far as jp8 and 9 I'll have to get home first to know

CF Support

Administrator
You'll want to use command 28 (ATX functionality) in the packet debugger of 633_Wintest, and send \240 as the data.

After that, go to command 4 (boot state) and send an empty packet.

That'll put ATX on for the reset and power button functionality as the boot state.

rev_bob

done and I think it works

I haven't fully tested it yet cuz it's part of a project I still haven't finished. I question came to mind after I read the pdf file for the display, how/where did you get the \240 from?? I understand to a point how the packet debugger works but it still has eluded me.

CF Tech

Administrator
In the CFA-633 data sheet under "28: Set ATX Power Switch Functionality", you basically add up whatever functions you want it to do out of these possibilities:

Code:
#define LCD_OFF_IF_HOST_IS_OFF 0x10 = 16 decimal
#define KEYPAD_RESET           0x20 = 32 decimal
#define KEYPAD_POWER_ON        0x40 = 64 decimal
#define KEYPAD_POWER_OFF       0x80 = 128 decimal
So 128 + 64 + 32 + 16 is the 240.