Thanks and Buttons

spryszlak

Thanks for the free disk space screen. Works a treat.

I hear you will be able to do things with the buttons on the LCDs soon. What sort of things? Would it be possible to get it to do something as simple as sending a keypress to the active app when you press a button?

My LCD is on a box that handles all my TV for me and it would be so cool to be able to change channels from the front panel. All it would have to do is send send the <insert relevant shortcut> key press when you press one of the buttons.

Would this be built into the actual screens or a separate part of the configuration?

Shaun
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

CF Mark

Administrator
I hear you will be able to do things with the buttons on the LCDs soon. What sort of things? Would it be possible to get it to do something as simple as sending a keypress to the active app when you press a button?
It can not send virtual keyboard button presses to other apps as yet, but a plugin to do this is on the to-do list (along with a million other things).

Would this be built into the actual screens or a separate part of the configuration?
Both :)
It would require a new plugin, configuration for that plugin and screens to then support it.