Temp logging and 633?

pHaestus

I haven't managed to get the temperature logging to work for the CF 633. I downloaded the source, unzipped it, and added the .dll needed to make it run (from the sample program). But how does one enable logging of temperatures, and where does the log file go? I apologize if this is a stupid question but I can't seem to figure it out on my own (I know almost nothing of c or messing with lcds). Thanks in advance.

-Derek
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

CF Tech

Administrator
We were going to fancy up the logging a bit, then put a new 633_WinTest. That was quite a few days ago . . .

Here is something you can play with right away. It also has some debug buttons on it that are not very exciting--don't push them :)

Set up the 633 to report whatever you want (by checking temperature and RPM boxes) then check on the "log" mark. It will make a big ol' ugly CSV that can then be dumped into Excel quite easily and graphed:

pHaestus

BAH!

Karma seems to be kicking my ass today. I was using my test system last night with the CF 633 and it just went black. I smelled burning electronics and that typically means "game over". You would know that I would get the answer to my question shortly thereafter. :(

Thanks for the reply; I wish I could use the software.

I just got an e-mail from Brent at CF: looks like they are gonna help me out somehow. Hopefully I will be back up and running before TOO long :)

Last edited:

duroncrush

So how does this logging work?

I downloaded this and unzipped it now what? Do I dump these files into the CC program directory?

CF Tech

Administrator
The zip did not have the exe in it. Sorry about that. Corrected now.

The logging thing is strictly a function of 633_WinTest. You will want CC out of the picture to use it.

Just use the 633_WinTest that is in the link above to show the fans and temps you want logged to its screen and then check the box at the bottom of the program.

It will put whatever is in "Line 1" and "Line 2" into the log file as a comment, and then start stuffing whatever comes from the 633 into the file.

The file is always added to, you will have to delete it if you want to make it smaller.

The file names is "633_log.csv" and you should be able to double-click on it to have Excel open it. Then just highlight the data you like and do a graph.