temp alarm

Firehorse

Hi,
How do I configure CC2 to setup temp alarms for each probe

I want to also add say a blinking lcd when the alarm temp goes on, or a audible sound

Is it possible please ?

I'm not familiar with codes

I plugged in the DOW probes but there is no alarm sound or prompt of any kind to know a max temp has been reached

I did put a tick in the "alarm" box and set the min and max temp in the fields,but not the "shutdown pc" box

Running CC2 and 633

regards,
Adrian
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

Last edited:

CF Mark

Administrator
There is no support for audible alarms :(

What you can do is setup a system warning message via the Windows Events Manager.

When the 635 alarm points are met, a warning message is can be logged in the Windows Event Manager.
In the Windows Event Manager you can have a "task" run when one of these events is logged. You can have that task display a system wide dialog box.
Some information is here: http://www.manageengine.com/products/eventlog/help/notifications/new-alert-profile.html

1 - Make sure you have your temp sensors setup in the CC2 config app (give them names).
2 - Stop CC2 and close the tray config app.
3 - Edit "logprefs.ini" and set "system_level=2".
4 - Edit your "lcd_633.ini" and setup the alarm points (set them low for testing first).
5 - Start CC2, get the temps over the alarm point and make sure the events can be seen in the Windows Event Manager.
6 - Create a Event Manager "task" to display a dialog box when over temp warnings are logged.

An example of how the temp alarm points need to be set can be found in the "CrystalControl2\documentation\plugin-info\lcd_633.ini" file.

Let me know if you need any more help.